Luxeons at Sharper Image

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
welphd said:
Hi I'm a flashlight newbie. Here is a contribution of mine to this forum:
Sharper Image coupons!

The $20 off $60 coupon will bring the price of the 1x123 Luxeon to $20/each!! I am thinking of getting one pair myself!

[/ QUOTE ]

First off welcome to CPF welphd. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif
Thanks for the coupon link! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/happy14.gif
I bought 2 of these and they are exactly like my SL Lux JR's in output and beam.
1 is warmer (more yellow) than the other (white/violet).
Definitely worth $20.00.

knifebright

Enlightened
hey all
so after reading all this i had to go to SI and get a couple of these lights. Mine are on course with the bluish purple others are finding. Upon opening it up and removing the board, i found that the emmitter is on a star. It is (or at least in my two) a lux1 low dome PYOK. One thing that confused me is that it is a low dome with an NXO5 optic. I replaced the stock emmitter with a high dome lux1 i had left over from an arc ls i modd'd. Now there is that familiar NXO5 beam pattern. In fact with a left over arc emmitter it looks like....well it looks like an LS... in beam pattern at least. Well i thought you all may appreciate that bin info. Back to garage i go
jimmy

han

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to dissapoint all in this thread, but i commented on my light being really purle earlier...Well i went to the store and returned it, and i used the 20 of 60 coupon, and i got myself an XO3 instead..i paid 20 dollar difference between the 2 and the coupon(which they took happily), and i must say this bright is WAY better than my old one.
Perfect white beam,, and i am very happy with it...Thnx to all for helping me, though i didnt start this thread, and i am on a tight budget,, so l8er

4x4Dragon

Flashlight Enthusiast
got both of mine today....

definately keeping one but i've got the other up for sale in B/S/T cause i just don't need 2 of them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

alanz

Newly Enlightened
I picked up two for gifts. I gave one to a friend who is into oriental medicine and needed a light to look intop people's mouths (specifically at their tongues.)

This seems perfect for her, not too bright (we tried an L4) and pretty white beam. I may keep the second light myself < s >.

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got mine today and it's great. I printed the online coupon and it worked here. Looking at their catalog they have this model plus the Inova X5 and the Inova XO3. I had previously been interested in the X5 so I bought it plus the "no-name" light.

The "no-name" looks great. The workmanship appears good, it is probably identical in size to the QIII, it has a good beam that is fairly smooth with a couple of faint rings at the edges, it has a good wide beam but is plenty bright in the center. There may be a tiny bit of blue to the beam but to my inexperienced eyes it looks pretty much white. The package says it is regulated and says 2.5 hours of run time. I like it and think its well worth the price.

The salesman was quick to point out to me that I couldn't buy 2 of these with the coupon because the merchandise total would be $0.10 under the minimum amount of the coupon but the Lux plus the X5 worked great.

This is the first time I've played with an X5 and it is everything that people have said it was except there is noticeable blue tint to the beam. However the little Lux puts it to shame in terms of size and light output. I really had a different use in mind for the X5, meaning when you don't really want a whole lot of light.

alanz

Newly Enlightened
When I went to check out at the Sharper Image store with two of the lights, I said to the salesman "I'm 10 cents under... do you have to sell me another dime's worth of merchandise?"

He said... no problem, I'll take care of it at the register.

No muss, no fuss, $40 for the two lights

Gmount

Newly Enlightened
I got my two today. No problem using the coupon. Actually, they are a good deal if you get two per coupon.

tech

Newly Enlightened
Just used the coupon at the Woodfield mall in Schaumburg, IL.
Sales guy didn't give me any trouble.
2 of these lights for $43.

A couple of weeks ago I hypothesized that this was a Nuwai ALX1611L.
One CPFer pointed out that the switches were different.
Looking at the back of this box I see that this is called model ALX2611L...

Durn close...my guess is that the switch is the only difference.

Nice light, though I'm wondering why it is so long for a 1 CR123 light.

Great deal folks, especially with the coupon.

T.

tech

Newly Enlightened
Followup post regarding this light.
After a few hours of use, I have some thoughts:

First off, I love this light. Lightweight and really bright and white beam with good quality.

Size. Great weight, but too long for a keychain for me... I'm not sure why it is so long... it only carries on cr123 battery.

Knurling. Not agressive enough for me. I have a generic 'Police' light that is rather agressive, and I prefer that. With this one, it is passable for hands, but with gloves it won't help at all.

Switch. Mine works fine, and is easy to push. I just wonder why it is so hard to find light with recessed switches?! This one won't roll because of the head, but it won't stand on it's tail either.

All in all I love it, and with the coupon it only cost me $20+... which I think is is a real steel for such a light-weight light.

T.

grayman4hire

Newly Enlightened
Just got 2 of these lights using the $20 off coupon at the store. What an awesome light! Very usable light because of its small size. It also has nice sidespill and a clear white light.

I am going to keep one and give one as a gift. Thinking about going back to get 2 more for gifts. What a steal at $20 bucks each.

I want to say that this is my new favorite flashlight.

grayman4hire

Dr_Joe

Enlightened
I just picked up two myself with the coupon. I got two of them for $43. Dollar for dollar, an unbetable deal. It's not an Arc, but tint and spill is very good (NX01 or NX05 optic I think) Electrical achitecture is not very elegant, and machining isn't first rate. I don't think it will last forever, but at a little more than 20 bucks, who cares.

It answers another question I recently saw here regarding which lights to carry on a plane. It seem some people are concerned that airport security may confiscate a light if they think it is too bright. (read "if they like it too much" !) With these, at least I won't cry if it gets taken ! (I shudder to think what I'd do if someone tried to take my Arc 4 or Lux III LS from me) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

Niteowl

Enlightened
All-right already, I'm going Mon. to check it out at the local SI. Didn't even know we had a SI around here. Got my coupon ready, called ahead to reduce hassle potential.

Love this time of year......"Honey, I'm going out" no questions asked! Actually, I was thinking of giving the wife one of these.

Mark

Craig720

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
welphd said:
Hi I'm a flashlight newbie. Here is a contribution of mine to this forum:
Sharper Image coupons!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the coupon. I bought the Inova XO3 this weekend as a gift -- for myself! I went to the local physical Sharper Image store first. It was too hot, too bright, too crowded, and too loud (every radio-like appliance had its sound turned up HIGH). Yuck. It was like a night club without the drunken people. I found the smaller light but not the Inova. I decided not to ask any salesperson because just taking a step was hassle enough. I left as quickly as possible.

When I got home, I booted my computer, pointed my browser to the coupon's web address, then went right through to Sharper Image online. Found the light, ordered it, got the discount. Couldn't have been easier.

Thanks again.

-- Craig

Bogie

Enlightened
Well thansk in part to all the good reviews here and the coupons I ordered my 2 today /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Brooks

Newly Enlightened
I do not have a retail store in my area. Has anyone found anything cheap on their website to get over the $60 limit to use the $20 off coupon when ordering 2 of these lights?