M*glite Solitaire 3W Luxeon Star Mod

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys:
i'm sorry, i was /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif last few days, so i did not come n post.

my multi-meter spoiled also, so i've sent it to repair. but before it spoiled, the currecnt reading is about 300ma after fresh charging, i don't know it's correct or not, but seems not... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

my mistake: the charging current is only about 100ma so it will take a few hours to recharge.

it seems that i recoreded wrong, my appologizes.

anyway, i still have last 2 (green and red)

please post again to confirm.

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very good 100mA charging is perfect for the AAA. 300mA is just under 1W, it will be very bright, but it's likely resistored if that's the case... are you measuring the current inline with the battery (since the emitters is already attached)? If it gets noticably hot, i would expect closer to 2W, but i'm sure everybody would like to know the current.. plust if the emitter leads are accessable, measure the voltage as well and you will have the power level at the emitter... very useful info.

-awr

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
i sent paypal a while ago (4 days???) for one of the purple ones. i care not about charging current - unless im mistaken, the charger has status lites /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif current to LED? BAH! its small, bright, uses rechargeable LI-ONs and you can amaze your non-flashaholic friends with it. what more could you want?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

neg

s2k

Newly Enlightened
Neg2LED:
your light has already been shipped last week (Nov. 5), you should expect it arrive this week.

the green one was sold just now, so i only have one RED left.

since my multimeter is spoiled, i've send my testing unit to my friend to have further tests, will post the results later.

Neg, i'll be appreciated if you can do some test when you have the light.

Patrick

s2k

Newly Enlightened
ok, the last one was reserved too.
thanks, and i'm looking forward to the feedback and test results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay! torch on way! Happy!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

s2k, of course i'll do some tests. what kind of test? runtime? useability? i can do both. current/voltage is possible - i need to buy a new multimeter - my last one got crushed under a car tyre!

neg

neg

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its Here! And its ALIVE!!!

hi guys,
Its here! the Auspost guy turned up with his digital signature thingamajigg, and i signed, and here it is! and its ALIVE! damn that thing's bright!!! a little issue with the charger (US pins, easily solved with a pair of pliers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) but its fine. now all i need is a multimeter!

i think the charge current is higher than 100ma - the charger draws 100ma from da mains when charging. meh. a few issues with the heatsinky bit (the LED flashes while you are turning it on) but other than that, GREAT!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

neg

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Its Here! And its ALIVE!!!

oh btw the tint is a bit purplish - matches the light /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

neg

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Its Here! And its ALIVE!!!

Neg, how about some comparisons with other lights? Sayign it is bright doesn't say a lot, expecially since some people outside CPF think a mag is bright.

Also are you able to measure current yet? Current to the led, current to the battery when charging?

Thanks, an I am looking forward to a full review.

Neg2LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 3w mag solitaire

right:

i dont have any other lights to compare with rite now - all are in a state of dis-repair. tomorrow i will fix at least one and buy a new multimeter.

i can measure v to the led and ma to the LED - its DD, so in current/led current are the same, right?

yet to run down even 1 battery.

BTW this thing gets pretty hot pretty fast! i guess that signifies high thermal conductivity /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

neg

voodoogreg

Flashlight Enthusiast

I gotta have one!!! let me know when the next batch will be ready. I will also PM too, to make sure these is more coming. damn this is cool! VDG

s2k

Newly Enlightened

update:

more of them are coming soon, those who are interested, you can expect to receive them before xmas! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AW

Newly Enlightened

My interest is still in line. Just a reminder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast

Did any one else get thiers? Or is Neg the only one so far?

I wonder if this is brighter then my Arc AAA modded with a Luxeon III (3w) and pulling 800ma from the battery?

Full reviews would be great, with comparisons, etc.

Thanks

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast

I completely forgot this thread!

I haven't heard anything on whether I was one of first in, but just looked back and it looks like I was, so I don't know whats up with that. Maybe I didn't reply to an email or something?

It looks like the price was around $80, so if that is the case, at this point I will defer and let someone else have mine if S2K is still waiting for something from me or holding it.

Bill

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast

ahh Ive decided not to get one. Count me out!!!!

G Pilot

Enlightened

Ok got mine...

How does it turn on and off? Mine turns on and off both ways. Screw it in turns on, screw it out shuts off, screw it out more turns on, screw it out even more turns off, screw it out even more turns on and the head comes off.

Real inconsistant in making contact to turn it on.. sometimes it goes in a low mode, I have to find the sweet spot to get full power. The charger is U.S. compatible? It has Asian writing on it, so how do I know the battery is charged? What are the LEDS for in the battery holder?

Other than that I have yet to play with it.

Latest posts