• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired M-Zeppelin M6 LED heatsinks and builds, multi-aspheric beamshots added

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
shuen,

What body are you planning on using? 9S 16340 is too much voltage for the Shark Buck which has a max of 25V or 6S 16340. And at 6S voltage, 22.2V nominal, the current will exceed the 2C rating of 750 mAH cells.

The best power source for a quad-P7 will be as Pete is building using his 6S 17500 holder and short tailcup mod.

On another note, I am making one more run of sinks, XR-7, XR-5, and P7-3 versions. The sinks are cut and should be anodized in a couple weeks. If anyone is interested in a kit or build let me know. Otherwise I'll be building the modules up and posting them for sale as I go in new sales threads.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

M6 LZ4MC-E

14upmzep4mce.jpg

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Dennis:

I'm the new owner of jslappa's MZQR5, I got a question about the MZ. If I put an AW's soft start switch at the tailcap. will I get lo,med,hi similar to my other incan set-up?

mike
Mike, I haven't tried the AW switch with LEDs yet, but it wouldn't hurt anything to try it out.

If it doesn't work I can install a Remora for you no problem.

mellotronmk2

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and "Super" flashlights but do own a BlackBear Borealis modified light @1050 lumens which I use for law enforcement purposes. I also own a Surefire M6 and have read, with great interest, the Led Zeppelin modifications for it on the forum. How do I contact Led Zeppelin(Dennis) to have him modify my M6. I would like it to have it made into an LED with as high a lumen output as possible to use on duty.

Thanks,
Mark
[email protected]

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now . . .

1. Never answer a PM from EasilyLed !
:wave:
I have just converted his 3x P7 to 3x XM-L.

Head
lzm63xml012.jpg

Powered by 6x17500 using an STC Tail
lzm63xml016.jpg

Some cut down McR27Ls may work even better with the smaller XM-Ls
lzm63xml008.jpg

I think they were McR27Ls in the 4xMCE ? ? ? That is one of them. They fit the pockets ! but not all at once !!!

Hope it's OK for you easilyled ??????

2. Sorry for destroying your work Dennis !!!!!

They really didn't want to come out
:eek:
Ouch !
lzm63xml002.jpg

Pete

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again, nice work Pete.

Those reflectors are cut down McR27XR, indeed based on the McR27L.

I'm surprised the P7s put up such a fight; the epoxy really did its job!

easilyled

Flashaholic
Many thanks for answering my original PM Pete :D
My 6 17500s have arrived this morning and they're waiting to be put to work.

I can see what you mean about the XM-Ls looking a little bit lost in the large hole of the McR27XRs (in your picture).
Perhaps, I'll try for an upgrade to cut-down McR27Ls in the future, if you're willing?

Nevertheless, I'm sure this mod will still put out a huge amount of light down-range. :thumbsup:

Dennis sure fixed the P7s up well originally .... well I suppose you have to keep up with the times. ;)

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep - Nice large amount of light.

LZ is the man for modified reflectors methinks as he knows the HS and the reflectors backwards !!!

Not sure about the ongoing availability of any specific McR eg. 27L ? Are they still being made or is the Sandwiche place the last repose !? Might be good to grab 3 just incase of future need !!!!

Pete

easilyled

Flashaholic
Pete, I picked up your upgraded LZ-PW-M6-Tri-XML (U2) today from the local Post Office.
You did an excellent job. Very clean mod and great beam.
I dazzled myself just looking at the reflection off the ceiling in broad daylight.
This light has a huge output now and the beam looks like a giant version of the Oveready Triples.
The nice thing is that with the great LZ-heat-sink, its probably safe to run on high for a long time since its regulated by the Shark at 2.68A per led. With your 6X17500 Adaptor, that's round about 2300 OTF guilt-free lumens.

Last edited:

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to get my first M6...! Now I can play at being a movie star, since every single person in films, even if they're a dirt poor kid on a farm, seems to use an M6 whenever a flashlight is needed =D

Led Zep, or anyone else on this thread: do you have any more sinks, or options for M6 LED modding?

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm about to get my first M6...! Now I can play at being a movie star, since every single person in films, even if they're a dirt poor kid on a farm, seems to use an M6 whenever a flashlight is needed =D

Led Zep, or anyone else on this thread: do you have any more sinks, or options for M6 LED modding?

mcmc, I think I have one MZP7-3 and an MZOX-4 left. PM if interested.