Mac's Tri EDC Light Engines'.

extremescramble

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

Wanted to try out some Hi CRI emitters for my Tri EDC but couldn't get hold of Mac to get a replacement pill so decided to give it a go myself.

Really pleased with how these turned out :-

uzate3u7.jpg

I milled these pills a few hundredths of a millimetre undersize (compared to my original) to ensure a good fit to a wide range of Tri EDC hosts.

I have combined the pill in this instance with a Nichia 219 Triple Star. It's a slightly different optic post fitting than that on my original XPG 2 star so I had to reduce the height of the Carclo Optic posts by a couple of millimetre's to ensure it fits snugly down on the emitters. Because these Nichia 219's are smaller than the XPG 2's they seem to fit better with the Carclo Optics - I had noticed previously if the XPG 2's were slightly off centre it could cause in some instances the dome to catch the optic :-

y3y8ysug.jpg

In respect of drivers I have recently been using Nanjg 105c drivers flashed with Lucidrv courtesy of Dr Jones. For me the best feature is the user programmable UI. It allows to me to experiment with different output settings and then I can semi permanently lock these settings in by bridging one of the stars. The features of the UI are too vast to mention here but his website offers all the information :-

seryveve.jpg

In this example I have matched the Nichia star with a 3.0A example of the 105c. Wired in parallel this is giving each emitter 1000mA at 100% output so well within manufacturers recommendations :-

etera6yr.jpg

Obviously output is markedly down on the XPG 2 emitters but Nichia 219 LED's are not about efficiency - it's all about colour rendering.

ybugezav.jpg

Any comments would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks for looking.
Philip.
[email protected]

damuvyha.jpg

Last edited:

extremescramble

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the kind words. I do program my own drivers but these are all Dr Jones work. His programming skills are stellar - I can't compete. 😊

extremescramble

Newly Enlightened
I build these light engines to order with any combination of drivers and emitters.

Price:- 105 USD INC Worldwide Shipping.

I NEVER request payment until I'm ready to send.
All specific build orders & for further information :-

[email protected]
(Always expect a response within 24 hrs but please allow for time differences where appropriate as I am UK based.)

Thanks,
Philip.

Last edited:

RUSH FAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow!
Very good work sir!
I will keep you in mind for future work on my Tri-edc.

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I am also curious as to if one of these could be used in an SST-50 EDC body. Would it allow for a longer battery?

KDM

Flashlight Enthusiast
These look great! You should be a busy man with so few offering these LE's.