Maglite XL quality control issue?

ShivaYash

Newly Enlightened
Dear all,

This is my first proper post.

I got my XL200 today and have some quality concerns. The lettering on the tail cap is particularly bad; I would have expected important information to be engraved and not printed, some of it already looks as its rubbing off. Also, this unit came in a blister pack, and there are several dents in the body.

I got a XL50 last week, in the presentation case, in red, and its perfect.

Bad luck or is there something others have noted?

With best,
SY

maglite mike

Enlightened
I have the xl200 and the print on the tail cap is engraved. Is it a decal or actually engraved? I have had it for about 2 years and carry it daily.

ShivaYash

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mike,

I purchased it from Amazon and they sent me a replacement in less than 12 hours!! The replacement unit has a much better engraved legend on the tail cap, and now that you mention it, the previous one was also engraved but very poorly.

I'd have liked the XL200 in silver but was unable to find it in that colour, apparent Maglite have discontinued it, in at the UK at least. A shame.

With best,

ShivaYash

Newly Enlightened
Yep. The lock out function is prefect. Now am considering whether to obtain a Mag Tac pocket clip, I understand they are compatible.

maglite mike

Enlightened
Yes I believe the pocket clip is compatible. I have the mag tac as well. It seems to be the same dimension.