Mako 1xAAA: the most important flashlight i've ever owned

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
update: its been ten years since the Mako was introduced.... time really does fly!

and its been 4 years since the last post here

but i can once again say, in all honesty, that the Mako and Spinner are still the most important flashlights i've ever owned

Enrique, you've done yourself proud! thank you so much

-eric

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always loved this post\thread Coyote. Made me feel not so crazy for loving my E01 so much! :twothumbs

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I confess to the recent 'bump' making me feel a little guilty; I just did a week-long trip to AK - brought my BOSS and a 2xAAA penlight, but omitted spares & the Mako this time. Felt a little embarrassed in that they would have taken up very little room but would have added so much reserve capability. :eek: So, next time. :)

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
I confess to the recent 'bump' making me feel a little guilty; I just did a week-long trip to AK - brought my BOSS and a 2xAAA penlight, but omitted spares & the Mako this time. Felt a little embarrassed in that they would have taken up very little room but would have added so much reserve capability. :eek: So, next time. :)

hey kestrel, as a long time cpf administrator you should feel guilty!!!! how can folks like us even leave the house without our makos? ;-)

lucky you, taking a week long AK trip. wow.

nbp

Flashaholic
I have bought and sold sooo many lights in my years here. Some are just fond memories of a good time trying something out for a little bit, but some I do actually regret selling. I wish I had kept my Mako. I wonder if I could track it down.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would absolutely love a Mako with a Yugi 3200. Would be a great light.

I have no idea whether the Mako is difficult to mod, but Mountain Electronics has some of the Yuji 3200K's available.

The Yuji can be overdriven to some degree. A couple samples were tested at 50mA for 24 hours without issue, and they're known to start experiencing declining output at 90mA

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
I have no idea whether the Mako is difficult to mod, but Mountain Electronics has some of the Yuji 3200K's available.

The Yuji can be overdriven to some degree. A couple samples were tested at 50mA for 24 hours without issue, and they're known to start experiencing declining output at 90mA

Sent my Mako To Vin Nguyen, he wouldn't touch it lol.

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks to an incredibly kind offer from a fellow member, I have a Mako in my possession again! I should never have been without. It just feels right. 😊

IMG_5473_zps0e2emhi1.jpg

alangloi

Newly Enlightened
I have a Mako (Model ME-NS1-3A-Ti) that was in storage with a quality alkaline AAA battery. Going into the storage today I notice that the Mako had some "white crystals" on the outside, and that could not be good.:shakehead I opened it up and the battery (after years of storage, expiration date of Mar 2015) had gone bad. I tossed the battery, cleaned the outside of the Mako up, the inside was still clean, and put a primary lithium battery in.

Still works fine. This is one tough AAA light.