Malkoff supports his lights

richardparker

Newly Enlightened
Over the years I have purchased many Malkoff lights, they are maybe my favorite of the (too) many lights I have. This summer, for the first time I had an issue with one of these lights. Out hiking, it was dropped and something came loose and rattled. The light still functioned 100% and worked great for my trip. When I got back, I contacted Malkoff about the rattle. Even though I dropped it and bought it years ago, I immediately heard back from Gene who fixed it and returned it to me for free. THANK you Gene, your lights are amazing and I really appreciate the support.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
I've got a half-dozen of Malkoff's LED drop-in modules. Never a problem with them, even having dropped a couple on rare occasions. They take a lickin', as the saying goes, and keep on tickin'. They aren't the brightest lights out there, but they sure are good-quality and survivable little things. Got to love that.

Dicaeopolis

Enlightened
He also sells most of the parts on his site. Eventually the switches wear out or can break, but they are easily replaced. One of my Malkoff takes drops every day at work for years and I have only ever had to replace the switch or bend the clip back into place.

When things go bump in the night, I reach for one of my Malkoff flashlights (usually an MD4 with M91 dropin) because I know it will always work. I've had many Malkoff products through the years and only ever had one issue. That issue was remedied by Gene himself in just a few days. I have never ever seen such wonderful customer service.

Mappo

Newly Enlightened
Ive had some of my Malkoffs for 5+ years. No issues. Build quality is elegant-tank. Now y'all got me going to the website to windowshop!

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone here gave me a free Malkoff for my first Surefire 6P. I tried it and liked incan better and gave it away not really knowing what it was. To me it was just some big brass drop in with hand stamping on it.

I wish now I had kept it. I'm planning on doing a big purchase with them in a few months. They make some really cool lights although I wish the boost setting on the 18650 light was the normal brightness.

pnwoutdoors

Enlightened
Ive had some of my Malkoffs for 5+ years. No issues. Build quality is elegant-tank. Now y'all got me going to the website to windowshop!

I do the same thing, from time to time.

Just the other day, I was checking out the MDX-22.3 M91BN. And then the HoundDog Super. And then the HoundDog XP-L ...

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I can't comment on their customer service, that is only because none of them have ever given me a reason to test.
Same here.
A few years back I emailed Gene a question on a Sunday afternoon thinking the answer would be in my inbox in a day or so. Within minutes he answered me. And it wasn't some "my light is broke please help" but was something like "have you ever made any yellow body lights?" or "do you still raise chickens?" or something stupid like that.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I might have bought a Malkoff, or two, over the years.

Looks like my first order was 04-08-2008, order #46.

I can tell you exactly how many problems I've had with any of my Malkoff's.........

ZERO!

t - Malkoff Devices - First orders summary - Page 1 - Redacted Info.jpg

Bogie

Enlightened
Only problem I've ever had with Malkoff is that I need more of them.

Oh and that Gene stopped making LED dome lights. Us Jeep guys still need them 🤣

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Ah yes I still have my Malkoff LED dome light; purchased it for the Toyota Corolla not long before Malkoff discontinued it.
The Corolla wore out (~413k mi IIRC), imagine my delight to find that the Malkoff works perfectly in the Subaru Outback replacement - the light might even outlast the Subaru, lol. :)