Malkoff threads ?

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not sure it's possible to enumerate all the categories. What about items that fit across multiple platforms?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
There will be very few categories - that way there won't be much angst over how to categorize individual threads.

This won't turn into a project requiring undue maintenance on the part of staff members, just a useful reference point to alleviate concerns about 'lost threads' - easily found by basic searches at any rate.

Currently much info is very difficult to find by being buried somewhere deep in the Junkie thread - that's all I'm trying to address here; How to make the next 'junkie' conversation thread a more useful tool than the current one.

(And somebody scored a quarter-point with the traditional 'in before the close' post in the Junkies thread lol.)

Last edited:

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the input, will put something together.

I think 'post #2' in the new thread will be a list of existing Malkoff threads of some importance, for convenient reference. As significant topical threads get created over time, any CPF staff member would be welcome to add a link to that listing. There will of course be a few categories: "Dropins", etc.
That feature right there will make the new thread a substantial improvement over the existing 'Junkies' thread; and once in place will be quite easy to maintain.

I like this idea very much. Thank you. Could I press my luck and ask for it to be a sticky?