Malkoff Wildcat with Neutral Tint / Custom low setting / Custom grip / Custom strap

bodhran

Enlightened
Came out very nice. Trimmed back the end where it meets the head so only the first, smaller ridge/ring is left. I think this gives it a cleaner look. Excellent grip and a comfortable, solid feel in the hand. In picures the grip appears gray, in real life it looks great.

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Tommygun45....thanks for the pics. Was curious how it would look with the MD2 head. My grips arrived in the mail today and will go on my MD3 with MD2 head. Better get off my you know what and get to work. Of course a big thanks to Kraft for sharing this with us.

Lets get some pics up!

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orange grips? Now that would be interesting to see.
I always wanted a orange malkoff but ended up with a black md-2 + md4. One of them has a triple xp-g. Visible in snow and helps my cold fingers. Dont know if it will look good or not with a black head, but I think it will be helpful.

Hairspray is supposed to work well when installing rubber grips. It helps lube, then it gets sticky. Remember someone mentioning it for a tip for mounting a spare rubber grip on a fenix tk20 and make it stick.

Last edited:

bodhran

Enlightened
Tommygun45..*lol* Luckily have better luck with flashlights than computers. Have no idea how to post a pic here.

Jorn...though the fit is snug, I had no problem getting the grip on with nothing but a little elbow grease. I did roll the end back as suggested by Kraft to start it. I have the M61HCRI in mine with UCL lens. I have used hairspray to put grips on my motorcycle.

Last edited:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
The orange grips has arrived. looks better in real than my crappy piture.
img6262r.jpg

Last edited:

Tommygun45

Enlightened
Nicely done, I like the orange. I have a bunch of cerakoted stuff coming back, 4 Surefire hosts, a couple of them might be in just that color! I was using my md2 and md4 outside last night and they were quite nice to hold. It was about 25 degrees out and my Solarforce L2T was freezing! These felt good though.

Kraft

Newly Enlightened
Jorn - those orange grips make a lot of sense and go well with the lights. Makes me wonder if anyone makes a GITD track grip (?). (I like what you did with the Solar Force too).

Benzz - great link to 'benscycle' - interesting to see grips from 1mm to 4mm plus all the extra colors. Maybe someone will try out a two-tone (end cap one color and body another).

red_hackle

Enlightened
Great thread! :popcorn:

I used a piece of these bicycle grips to turn my 6Z into a grippy 6P by removing the stock grip rings and completely filling the thinner section of the body. Very pleased with the result!

Sleeve.jpg

Last edited:

Kraft

Newly Enlightened
Thought I would post a pic of a cool little ballistic nylon pouch I got from Malkoff when I ordered a bunch of stuff.
It clips right onto my lanyard ring, on my MD4 body, and carries two extra 18650's (not included) for when I need to use my Wildcat for extended periods.

BatteryCases.png

Chrisdm

Enlightened
Kraft, thanks for the informative post. I have a neutral wildcat as well, but mine has a diffuser style lens in front of the led's. did you swap your lens out or did it come that way? I made a half@$$ attempt recently to get that stock lens out but failed... Info appreciated, thanks.