Managed to talk myself out of a L1D-CE last night

xiaowenzu

Banned
Good call! All I can say is, hold onto your horses, because Surefire is gonna get Cree'd in June! WOOOOHOOO!! I can't wait. heheh :sold:

racerx2oo3 said:
I've been seriously considering getting a new Fenix L1D-CE, for use as a new EDC light. However, last night as I was walking back to my bedroom with the house lights off back there, I (as usual) pulled out my Fenix L1P to light the hallway and the bedroom so I could grab my book. I just started thinking, how much brighter do I really need? Then while using the same light to wheel the trash cans out to the curb, I was again impressed with the L1P's ability to light up the fence in my back yard from the front yard. The L1P definately isn't a replacement for my Thor, but that's why I also own a Thor.

I still will probably pick up a more powerful light one of these days, but now I'm thinking that maybe I'll just wait a bit and see what happens with the 1AA form factor lights in the next 18 months or so.

I may still pick up a Rex Light if the specs are decent, but only if I can take advantage of the PayPal $15 rebate, if Kai's site doesn't work with the rebate, I'll probably skip that one too.

Sean

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
xiaowenzu said:
Good call! All I can say is, hold onto your horses, because Surefire is gonna get Cree'd in June! WOOOOHOOO!! I can't wait. heheh :sold:

Hehe, I think you missed the point a little. It's about not getting the latest and brightest just cause it's available, cause what you allready have is often more than enough up to the task, not to mention save a couple of bucks in the process. So paying three times the amount for the latest and brightest Surefire is probably an even easier temptation to resist. And I dont think they will come up with an AA-light in the nearest future.:)

paulr

Flashaholic
I replaced my L1p with an L0D CE. It's about the same brightness (on high) but much more edc-able.