• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I give up. You win. I can't find the cats in these.

It's 53 degrees outside. Too cold for my cats.

Good Boy and Shorty Pants (I'll be in trouble if granny sees this pic)
2qtivs5.jpg

One Two
35lyq9i.jpg

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's all relative compared to what your other experiences are with lights. I'm a self-proclaimed tint-snob. I have a 4500k Nichia 219B light and a 5600k Nichia 291B V1 light. I also have the Zebralight H600FD at 5000k and the Zebralight SC600 HI. All of these are examples of exceptional tints. The XPL PDT found in the U21vn does not come close, not at all. It definitely veers towards the green side of things in comparison to all of these aforementioned lights. However, it is also a straight-up dedomed LED. From experience with a couple of XML2 leds and a cool white XHP-35, I can say that the XPL PDT has about the same tint as a regular domed Cree led. The one advantage the PDT has though, being a dedomed LED, is that tint differences from hotspot to spill is very minimized in comparison to domed LEDs. That has been my experience with the XHP-35 hi and the XPL-HI found in my other two lights as well.

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
It's all relative compared to what your other experiences are with lights. I'm a self-proclaimed tint-snob. I have a 4500k Nichia 219B light and a 5600k Nichia 291B V1 light. I also have the Zebralight H600FD at 5000k and the Zebralight SC600 HI. All of these are examples of exceptional tints. The XPL PDT found in the U21vn does not come close, not at all. It definitely veers towards the green side of things in comparison to all of these aforementioned lights. However, it is also a straight-up dedomed LED. From experience with a couple of XML2 leds and a cool white XHP-35, I can say that the XPL PDT has about the same tint as a regular domed Cree led. The one advantage the PDT has though, being a dedomed LED, is that tint differences from hotspot to spill is very minimized in comparison to domed LEDs. That has been my experience with the XHP-35 hi and the XPL-HI found in my other two lights as well.

So what were you expecting? A tint close to your aforementioned lights? Sounds like it a bit when you say the XPL does not even come close, not at all!

Lights with those tints are not capable of the throw of an XPL/XHP35 HI ECT!

One LED can not do everything! ;)

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I never did say I expected anything, I'm just answering a question. All of the lights I listed are close to the black-body locust when it comes to a lack of green or magenta tint shift. The PDT on the other hand is clearly tilted towards green, even when comparing directly to the XPL-HI in my armytek.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I assume this includes the battery, correct?

Which is is easier to jacket pocket carry? Or are both totally unpractical to EDC on a cold winter day?
Tough question. The M30CvnT is about 2-1/2 oz. lighter, but about an inch longer than U21vn. Both are within 2 mm of the same diameter bezel. I would go with the M30CvnT, slightly in the pocket contest, mainly due to weight.

The question was asked, which has the deeper reflector. It's the M30CvnT, slightly.

They both send a light Saber beam into the night sky. The U21vn is a bit wider and the M30CvnT a bit longer. Very similar really.

Truthfully, the biggest difference between the two is the price.

I'm at a loss... Been reading about 26650s for the last 2 hours and there is simply very little consistency? Varying opinions and test results from people... Cons with seemingly every battery... Still totally clueless which battery to buy for this light. Vinh recommends a 5200mah which according to you guys and some testers apparently this isn't recommended? Why so much conflict.. :( I'm stuck between basen 4500 which twisted is having issues with, vappower, Efest, and keeppower 4200s... One site said stay away from Efest due to QC. So keep, vap, or basen??????!? ��

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was having issues with the 1% output mode of the driver, but I've since gotten over it because I've found group 2 (5%, 100%) to be perfect for my needs. I'm having no issues there. I'm thinking the driver having issues with 1% output on the Basen might be due to its shorter length resulting in less than optimal contact with the springs-- who knows.

I've not done any testing yet on runtimes with the Basen, but I don't have an integrating sphere to test output over time so I don't think it'd matter anyways.

I think to be safe you should go with the vappower 4200mah.

I absolutely love the feeling of the U21vn in hand. The heft plays into its advantage to me. I don't feel it too top-heavy, as the 26650 handle with its thicker walls, and the literal chunk of metal that's the heat-sink in the middle of the light give it solid heft. The larger 2660-sized handle makes it a pleasure to grasp with a regular grip as well.

Last edited:
Thank you! Now if I just hear one or two more guys in full agreement I'll make the purchase of a VP 4200mah 26650...

edit: girls too, don't be shy :)

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm been using Vappower 4200 in my EC60vn, which I'm very happy with the performance. Also have one in the U21vn with no issues at all.