• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Manker U21vn - 26650 Thrower

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok,I had to get this off my chest! I could not sleep! THIS IS GREAT INFO!

This will make you think. Check the link below. a VAPE website tested about 17 X 26650. The Vappower was in the middle of the pack according to the guy testing them.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...ch-test-results-and-new-ratings-table.725452/

He never said which was #1 . He just said these are in the top 5, These suck, these are in the middle of the pack!

• Basen Black 4500mAh was in the top 5. Sadly this is NOT in HKJ comparator. I am still thinking of getting one. My local dealer is 1.5 miles away. Jon from Liionwholesale .com. You can get this battery for $7.98.

• twistedraven I would go for it. Jon is a great guy,with great prices. They do not have as many batteries as some places but the prices and customer service is hard to beat!

Here is the link for L.ionwholesale.

https://liionwholesale.com/collections/batteries/Basen

Notice the Efest (green) 4200mAh has a greater continuous discharge rate than does the Efest (purple) 3500mAh.

It's bad enough that many companies often print extremely exaggerated numbers, but the testing results on the above mentioned cells bothers me on a completely new level.

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought all the PDTs were a neutral color.

I'm really surprised an xpl dedomed put out 1500 lumen!

is it ok to run these on 18650s? I currently have no 26650s and I really had been avoiding stepping into that realm.

damn, I want both specs too...

this is pushing me farther away from my x7vn :(
Hey bro if you need a 26650 I bet I'm only a mile or so from you and im glad to give you one. You'll love the 26650. I'm ordering one of these lights you can also borrow it if you like and try it out!! I have a lot of Vinh's lights your always welcome to try mine..

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast

is it ok to run these on 18650s? I currently have no 26650s and I really had been avoiding stepping into that realm.

Yeah, I'm hearing you! The X7vn is calling my name too and I'm thinking of going the spec 1. If your going for a flooder, which is the plan, then what's another 30k lux to lose flood? Cool White, highest lumen. Trouble is, if I keep buying on impulse I'll have to stop completely.

This light would run on 18650 with a battery tube, but I suggest that you take the plunge on an IMR26650. You'll get flatter regulation and better run times from the beefier cell. [emoji4]

Offgridled

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was on the (basketball) B team all through middle and high school. B team means you get to play the final 30 seconds of the game....... if it's a blowout. :shrug:
You'll always be on CPF'S A team as long as no batteries are required. OK someone had to bring batteries into this :).: naughty:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast

All I know is I have lights with XPL PDT that are much cooler than my lights with 5000K tint. But come to think of it... I'm not sure if I know what actually qualifies as neutral.

tex.proud

Enlightened
I need this in option 2. Just have to wait a bit. Already spent the current toy budget. Hope there's enough to go around.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey bro if you need a 26650 I bet I'm only a mile or so from you and im glad to give you one. You'll love the 26650. I'm ordering one of these lights you can also borrow it if you like and try it out!! I have a lot of Vinh's lights your always welcome to try mine..

I know! I just hope you aren't one of the people I ticked off with my crazy driving back when I had a -edited out for anonymity reasons-! We gotta hang out one of these days!

How much better are the 26650s from the 18650s? All my lights have been 18650s and I've invested quite heavily in them (I just ordered a buncha GA buttontops, VTC6s, and 30Qs) so it's kinda hard for me to stray from this path. Do 26650s have any significant amp gains?

Which are you getting? I'm leaning toward spec 1.

edit: nvm, i saw you wanted spec 2. which is perfect! I'll order spec 1 and have vinh ship to you to save a bit on shipping. you can play with both while I get my battery! I just need to find time during the daylight hours to visit you one of these days as i've been really busy lately.

Last edited:

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I'm hearing you! The X7vn is calling my name too and I'm thinking of going the spec 1. If your going for a flooder, which is the plan, then what's another 30k lux to lose flood? Cool White, highest lumen. Trouble is, if I keep buying on impulse I'll have to stop completely.

This light would run on 18650 with a battery tube, but I suggest that you take the plunge on an IMR26650. You'll get flatter regulation and better run times from the beefier cell. [emoji4]

Whoa, I feel like a newb again. Whats flatter regulation?

I know the stock u21 has a battery tube for the 18650 but I didn't know if using that was ok with the vn version.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
Whoa, I feel like a newb again. Whats flatter regulation?

I know the stock u21 has a battery tube for the 18650 but I didn't know if using that was ok with the vn version.

I think what he means is that the higher capacity 26650 will hold a voltage longer before declining due to its greater capacity compared to a 18650.

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
ah, thanks.

if size were relative to capacity, then 26/18=1.444 and 5200/3500=1.4857 which is a 44.4% increase in size and 48.6% increase in capacity. Sounds like a good deal to me :)

at some point, I just need to man up, shut up, and just purchase the damn things because I know it's going to happen sooner or later.

Last edited: