Many Years, Everyone Take Care

Anglepoise

Flashlight Enthusiast
Billson said:
He'll have to register again since he's not on the member's list anymore.

Another dark day for our hobby.

Agreed.......One minute he is being rewarded as member of the year
and next minute .......gone.

All very strange goings on.

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
kakster said:
And why was his post edited?

What was removed?

As far as I can tell the only editing was to add Jar's sigline info to the bottom of the post... this part...

For whatever reason Jar's sigline info seems not to be displaying any longer, so apparently empath moved it into the post itself so it wouldn't be lost. Doesn't seem sinister to me, actually that was a nice touch.
:shrug:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jar/Newbie, if you happen to read this, wanted to wish you well. Your contributions to CPF have been well documented... on a personal note I didn't always find myself agreeing with you, but I always respected your expertise and appreciated the time and effort you put into sharing that information. Thanks Jar! You will be missed. :(

:wave:

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like to include myself as another member who's appreciative of Jar's contributions and the great amount of time he's taken to help us understand the many nuances of technology.

After spending only half the time as a CPF member, I can relate to the limited time we all have. I find myself spending ever less time on the CPF so it's easy to understand why we're losing our 6 & 7 year veterans.

Best o' the future to you, NewBie!

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
milkyspit said:
As far as I can tell the only editing was to add Jar's sigline info to the bottom of the post... this part...

For whatever reason Jar's sigline info seems not to be displaying any longer, so apparently empath moved it into the post itself so it wouldn't be lost. Doesn't seem sinister to me, actually that was a nice touch.
:shrug:

There was a whole paragraph removed, explaining why he was leaving.

Just in case there's any doubt in anyones mind, Jar is not leaving of his own free will.

WildChild

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all your valuable contribution! It's just disappointing that you suffered a forced retirement like that...

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
it is sad seeing that *retired* thing.... some times... it may not be a voluntary retirement....

I will be missing a lot of very informative posts.... 60%-80% of good and valuable information is now gone !

NewBie.. your contributions are invaluable.... they are treasure of Knowledge.. and truth... the truth behind those hidden things.. and marketing *gimmics* .....

Last edited:

Ledean

Enlightened
Thank you for all the research you did and all the information given to us .
Endless hours spend and endless photos taken...truly a selfless act...
Ledean

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not right now, and not in this thread.

Rest assured, im confident the truth will come out in the fullness of time.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Billson said:
He'll have to register again since he's not on the member's list anymore.

Another dark day for our hobby.

Last time I saw, he still had his Jarhead one since after the upgrade to vbulletin. :shrug:
But that one is probably gone too by now.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
All my best to you Newbie! Your feedback through the years has been appreciated and will be missed.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goodbye Newbie,

We've been on opposite sides of the coin before, but the more I learned the more I gained respect for your skills and knowledge. Yes you do tend to rub, or grate, people the wrong way at times, but I've also noticed a softening of that recently as well.

I believe you are so skilled at what you do that you could find unacceptable fault in even the perfect. In retrospect, perhaps you delved deeper into matters than necesary for our applications of a product. But again the depth of your investigations were a testament to your skill and methods.

For those who are not up to speed on the events surrounding Newbie's departure, it is probably best to let it rest. What's done is done and it appears to now be an administrative matter, which is not an allowed topic for discussion.

Newbie, go enjoy all the extra time you've freed.

Dennis

Last edited:

IronMike

Banned
LED Zeppelin said:
Goodbye Newbie,
For those who are not up to speed on the events surrounding Newbie's departure, it is probably best to let it rest. What's done is done and it appears to now be an administrative matter, which is not an allowed topic for discussion.

I don't understand what you mean here. Did Newbie leave for some reason or reasons other than his own choice?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Truth seems to have been one of NewBie's regular quests - to ferret the real from the claimed. It's ironic that the truth of this member's departure is known to only a few. I hope the secrecy is warranted because we can't learn from what is kept in the dark.

Flashlight Enthusiast
kakster said:
Not right now, and not in this thread.

Rest assured, im confident the truth will come out in the fullness of time.

Let's hope it doesn't burn down CPF with it :barf:On a side note never leave chat newby please.