• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Maui time (Pictures)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
. . . Food,sex and waves was the mantra of many of us in our youth.
redface.gif

I guess 2 out of 3 ain't bad. :laughing:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Surfer Dude said:
Food,sex and waves was the mantra of many of us in our youth.

At least I had food aplenty :green:

Ok ... yeah ... rubbing it in ... there should be a penalty for that :D :p

bernie

McGizmo

Flashaholic
PSM,

I would say you did just fine!!! :thumbsup: I like those lefts rolling in with no one out to ride them?!?!

I was inspired in my garden yesterday and came up with a design for organic tactical tropic wear. I call the article the Bananna Shroud. :crackup: I have never been in a position to watch a bannana tree grow and bear fruit and the development of the bananna bunch is fascinating! This giant "bud" grows down and its petals open and roll back to expose a group of infant banannas.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
PSM,

:kewlpics: Any night time beam shots? :) (I only expect one or two since I'm sure your nights were busy enough :naughty:)

Banana Shroud...:lolsign:

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic
Thanks Don, there were plenty banana trees over there!

Oddjob, no beamshots! But I have plenty of pics where you can see the light clipped in my pocket. :naughty:

Codeman

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
...bannana...
...bananna...

bannana?
bananna?

Oh, wait...its banana. Man, am I glad you build lights better than you type! :duck:

If tarantulas are indigenous to Hawaii, one may take up residence. One of my earlier memories was riding with my grandfather to pick up some produce for his little country store. I was sitting next to a full stalk of bananas. When I felt something on my bare leg, I looked down to see a huge one crawling across me. My grandfather calmly picked it up and toss it out the window. It was a while before I got any color back in my white-with-fear skin...

Last edited:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,

My typing is bad but it is backed up with even worse spelling!!
icon15.gif
I think I was consistent with the extra "n" but don't know for sure and I am not about to check.

No tarantulas over here but the cane spiders are pretty big. The nasty insect over here is the centipede. We have little ones like in CA but there are the big guys with a nasty sting here that are BIG!
icon15.gif

EricMack

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo said:
The nasty insect over here is the centipede. We have little ones like in CA but there are the big guys with a nasty sting here that are BIG!
icon15.gif

So, we will expect a pic of one of those fondling the next McGiz light, ya wuss! :nana:

:lolsign:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Got some pics of the spiders and centipedes to explain BIG? :D
I really can't stand both of those and love to feel creepy ... :green:
bk

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Uh, the centipede is on critter that gets killed on sight! They are supprisingly fast and not something to play with. I'll see what I can do next time I encounter one. They look like a jumbo version of pile worms used for bait in northern CA.

Nedtheshred

Enlightened
Hi Don,
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures. I admire your life style. We have many common interest. I love your flashlights also...of course.
I love to surf too (I grew up in Ventura, Ca) My Grandma (dads side) was born/lived/buried on the big Island Hawaii; I've spent over 2,400 hours underwater scuba diving and taking photos; YOU take awesome photos and hanging with whales is special moments. I saw some big Blues in the gulf of Mexico last week while sailing from Loreto to La Paz but usually I am commuting down 680 (San Ramon Valley) to Livermore (LLNL)...living life in the RAT RACE...only dreaming of spending some "ocean time".
Thank you and please continue to share your experiences of the ocean world (and LED world) with us.
Cheers,
Ned

Scottiver

Enlightened
McGizmo said:
Uh, the centipede is on critter that gets killed on sight! They are supprisingly fast and not something to play with. I'll see what I can do next time I encounter one. They look like a jumbo version of pile worms used for bait in northern CA.

I remember an episode of Magnum PI years ago where he was out hiking somewhere in Hawaii and he got bit by a Centipede and he got real sick and started hallucinating. Ever since I saw that i've been wary of the little buggers. I've seen a few in California but apparently the bite from one of these is "only" as bad as a bee sting. I think the tropical ones are more dangerous.

JanCPF

Enlightened
Kiessling said:
Got some pics of the spiders and centipedes to explain BIG? :D
I really can't stand both of those and love to feel creepy ... :green:
bk
Mwuahahaha - hope this helps you bernie while Don digs out some photos from Hawaii :D (pics from Thailand)
033_Stor_edderkop_Lamru.jpg

Khao_Phra_Thaew_DSC00475.JPG

065_Thailand_2004.jpg

Jan

Last edited:

Fringe

Enlightened
I have been away for a while but GREAT new pictures!
Don,
Cant wait to see some shots of the dreaded Centipede!

kenster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jan, cool pictures! :rock: I thought everything was big here in Texas but I do see the word "Texas" in one of the pictures. :thumbsup: But that spider from Thailand looks like it is armor plated so I`m with Bernie....... :aaa:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts