Maxablaster in Popular Science!

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
You Built What??????
Oh, I see 52MCP!! :eek:

ROFL @ "its not a torch you'd walk your dog with, It would probably cook your dog" :crackup:

Is that the actual MB in that pic with the guy holding it?

:cool:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
IMHO, this and the National Geographic (although it was pretty lame) special are pretty damn cool. It's like PopRocks for us Nerds.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Otto installed a strong grass window in case the pressure from the bulb..." :eek:oo:

I need to find out more about these grass windows. :crackup:

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Stopped by booksamillion this afternoon to pick up a copy. Congrats man, short but awesome article. The cook your dog was great haha.

g

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
I picked it up today also. Awsome article. I'm also admiring your pants cuffs....JK'ing !!! :poke:

It deserves so much more of a writeup, and too bad about the 52 mcp, but 99.9999% of the readers won't have any idea what that means anyway. Hell, all the spotlight makers who toss out their ridiculous cp claims count on the confusion and ignorance anyway. Really great job to get in their mag as the feature story in that How 2 section !!! :party:

Patriot

Flashaholic
Thanks for posting that ez!

It definitely needed a more in depth write-up and of course, beam shots but it's really cool to see one of "our own" featured because of his extraordinary lumens. :twothumbs

There's probably 50,000 Thor owners around the world reading the article and thinking, 'that's only twice and powerful as my light, but he spent $1800.' :rolleyes:

Flashanator

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't mention the pain staking work envolved with this light? It would be worth so, so much more with the labor & time involved.

I recall Ra saying, there were times he said to himself, wth have I gotten my self into.

RoyJ

Enlightened
Thanks for posting that ez!

It definitely needed a more in depth write-up and of course, beam shots but it's really cool to see one of "our own" featured because of his extraordinary lumens. :twothumbs

There's probably 50,000 Thor owners around the world reading the article and thinking, 'that's only twice and powerful as my light, but he spent $1800.' :rolleyes:

lol, they should've translated it to 1.8 billion Thor/Mag candlepower.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW some really nice pics of the M-B. Looks brand new, or has it been photoshoped & cleaned up or something.

Later.
:thumbsup:

I must be honest: Yep, photoshopped, but not much: A few holes at the side are removed. Some window-cleaner with a soft cloth do wonders to ist appearance!

Best,

Ra.

Ra

Flashlight Enthusiast
WoW! Hopefully CPF member Ra is involved with this?

Nope.. not involved. and not quite happy with it... But I cannot do anything about it..

Maybe I'm going to use the name Ra-lights as well..

Fortunately, there is enough proof on CPF that I used the name Ra much earlier.
I'll bet they will get alot of questions about my lights! Questions they cannot answer!

Best,

Ra.