MINE ALL MINE!!! SUPER "COLLECTERS" LS FOR A MEASELY $70

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwcaw

Enlightened
How bright is the arc ls compared to a mini maglite 2aa?
confused.gif

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bigwuss:
How bright is the arc ls compared to a mini maglite 2aa?
confused.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's a darned good question! Anyone tried it against the minimag2aa and with all the 3 battery packs yet? The minimag *I* have is plain silly dim and yellow to me, but seems to be the benchmark, nonetheless.

TrevorNasko

Flashlight Enthusiast
Atlanta, GA>> The Flashlight that was broken shall
white
2aa= kills the minimag 3x as bright a prettier beam too
1aa=still can wipe the floor with the mag 1x brightness
123= 3x brightness

red
no i wont compare. what sort of a monster do you think i am anyway? what will it do to the mags pride? if its brighter than a 3d mag i think the results on a 2 aa mag are predictable.

mahoney

Enlightened
I've tested the LS using the 2AA pack against the 2AA Mini-Mag. With the original mini-mag lamp in the mini-mag, the LS clearly wins. If you put a Nexstar lamp in the Mini-Mag, the Mini-Mag is brighter by a hair, especially at longer distances, because you can focus the beam. Once the batteries are a bit drained though, the LS wins.

Steelhead

Newly Enlightened
Hey ARAGORN,
I think we can make a deal. I can get you the chicks for the LS kits no problem. No wait a minute I take that back the chicks I know like playing with someting a little bigger than what you call your "LED". Reluctantly,I guess the deals off.
BTW: You started a thread to boast about your collection? Are you sure your screen name isn't misspelled. I'm thinking someting more along the lines of ARROGANT!!!
Can anyone back me up here???
All in good fun,
STEELHEAD

bwcaw

Enlightened
Nice one steelhead,
cool.gif
I too think that arogant is an exelent name for aragorn! Fits perfectly!
grin.gif
Just kidding aragorn,but like i have said before, my MAKITA14.4V55W650LM.EYEFRYER still stomps all of your flashlights!
tongue.gif
It is a lucky thing that you don't have the first run#000 or you would really be shovelling it out! Again just joshing you ,no offense intended.
grin.gif

Steve-at-Springboard

Newly Enlightened
I forget who said it first but, "If you feel the urge to get married, find a woman you hate and buy her a house!" Same result without all that unpleasant stuff in the middle. She might even be grateful, if you know what I mean.

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, its #000! Flagone you lucky guy! Were you just pointing this fact out or are ya really trying to ask a question. Dunno if its me, but I see no diff. Well, ok *maybe* just the knurling. Yours appears to be flush with the body - aragorn's (and mine FR#134) all look to have knurling that is on a raised section. Is that it?

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just did a comparo - white LS FR#134 (old optics) vs MinimagAA+lithiums+new stock maglite bulb. The minimag beam was bright yellow, but was still brighter overall
frown.gif
*especially* when focused over long distances(50 feet or so). Did I get a dud LS or what? My silly minimag beat my LS whatever the battery/pack combo. Got pix to prove it too. I WANNA OVERDRIVE MY ARC-LS - SOMEONE, pleeeeze tell me how
tongue.gif
confused.gif

Flagone

Newly Enlightened
Hotfoot, the knurling is flush with the body. I didn't realise it was different to the other Arc LS's until I saw Aragorn's photos.

I think I recall Peter saying something about changing the knurling back when these were first released.

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Aragorn:

1. some chick who resembles Yuki Terai
2. Picabo Street
3. Sarah Hughs
4. Jamie Sale
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Big into the Olympics, are you Trev? Am I the only one who noticed that Sarah Hughs IS the "band camp" girl from American Pie?

- Darell

hotfoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang on to #000, flagone - no matter what aragorn tempts you with - yours is a genuine collector's article!

Darell, if Sarah Hughs IS the band camp girl of American Pie, we'd better not let her anywhere loose near aragorn's collection of - *ahem* - tubular items. We all know about that last story she told about band camp :p
shocked.gif
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.