Mini-HID's

JohnLev

Newly Enlightened
Hello again Mac
Sorry - my fault .
I copied the wrong email .
The correct arrangement and payment details are below .
I have paid you in full via PayPal for :
(i) one 'modded' Mini Mag HID - pewter colour @ USD$240.00
(ii) with the fully polished and grooved body as shown as the fifth from the left on your photo on page 1 of this thread @ USD$50.00
(iii) grooved head @ USD$25.00
(iii) UCL lens @ USD$7.00
(iv) via Global Priority Mail @ USD$15.00
SUBTOTAL = USD$337.00
(v) plus 4% PayPal surcharge @ USD$13.48
TOTAL = USD$350.48 .
I look forward to your advice as to when it will be ready for shipping .
Regards

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
JohnLev said:
Hello Mac
Thanks for all the information .
I have paid you in full via PayPal for :
(i) one 'modded' Mini Mag HID - pewter colour @ USD$240.00
(ii) with the fully polished and grooved body as shown as the fifth from the left on your photo on page 1 of this thread @ USD$50.00
(iii) UCL lens @ USD$7.00
(iv) via Global Priority Mail @ USD$15.00
SUBTOTAL = USD$312.00
(v) plus 4% PayPal surcharge @ USD$12.48
TOTAL = USD$324.48 .
I look forward to your advice as to when it will be ready for shipping .
Regards

My next batch of Lamps and ballasts should be delivered by the end of next week. If no problems arise I should be able to ship out the current Mini orders my next Monday. I do need to see how many battery holders I have remaining.

Mac

Jurphaas

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mac - You must long have my payments for the Mini-HID that I've ordered with you. I have not heard from from you yet. I understand that you are very busy, but I would highly appreciate some information on the delivery time or the state of affairs.
I look very much forward to this light as I believe that the performance will be stunning.
Jurphaas.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jurphaas said:
Hi Mac - You must long have my payments for the Mini-HID that I've ordered with you. I have not heard from from you yet. I understand that you are very busy, but I would highly appreciate some information on the delivery time or the state of affairs.
I look very much forward to this light as I believe that the performance will be stunning.
Jurphaas.

I have 7 Mini-HID's in progress that will be completed this week, yours included. If you need a status on your light please feel free to PM me.

Mac

Last edited:

PGP

Newly Enlightened
I think I will need to get myself one of these soon! Maybe next week!

Looking good cmacclel. :twothumbs

Patrick P.

JohnLev

Newly Enlightened
Hi Chris
Thanks !
The mini-hid has arrived safely .
Great workmanship ! Well done !
Prodigious throw for such a small package !
Thanks again !

Jurphaas

Newly Enlightened
Hi Mac - Today I received my Mini-HID and it is just fantastic. The light has TOP looks and is a great performer.
Thanks for building it for me!
Jurphaas,
The Netherlands.

jerude

Newly Enlightened
are these still available? if so what colors and options are available at this time?

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
jerude said:
are these still available? if so what colors and options are available at this time?

These lights are built to order. If interested send me a PM and I can try to accomodate you.

Mac

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
You would need 3 pilas. 17mm in a Tri-Bore config.

Mac

Did you ever get a chance to test this config? I remember you mentioned that you were concerned about the juice coming out of the 3xPilas vs. 3xR123s under this load.

I'm still interested in a Pila version myself, hence the question.

-LT

mspyderl

Newly Enlightened
I went to the Welch Allyn website and it looks like they offer the 10W Ballasts with different configurations. Here's a copy n paste from the website...

Part # Voltage Current Wattage CCT Lumens Life Efficacy
B10N001 12.0 0.83 10.0
10W BALLAST, 12.0 VOLT

B10N002 13.0 0.76 10.0
10W BALLAST, 12.8-13.2 VOLT

B10N003 14.3 0.69 10.0
10W BALLAST, 14.1-14.5 VOLT

B10N008 10.2 0.98 10.0
10W BALLAST, 10.2 VOLT

If this is where you are getting the lamps and ballasts from, I guess all you would have to do is get the appropriate ballast that could sustain the higher voltage of pilas and other RCRs (B10N003 - 14.1-14.5 voltage range). I'm tempted to make a custom flashlight myself but I'm a complete amateur when it comes to fabricating or modding mags and don't have any tools to begin with. At $129 per ballast plus $79 for the lamp for a total of $208 (don't forget shipping and time spent modding) and your offer for $240 is quite a generous offer on your part, a testament to the friendly community here at CPF that I'm proud to be a part of. It's a steal at the price you're offering and although it's out of my price range *at the moment, I just wanted to take this opportunity to say thanks on behalf of all CPFers for your craftmanship and generosity.

I must say your mini HID reminded me of light sabers and im sure many CPFers would agree they are precisely that but I'm hoping in the future I will be able to fabricate myself a mini HID in the form factor of a light saber like the ones on Star Wars (of course it won't be an exact replica... copyright law... that is unless of course I decide to keep it myself
naughty.gif
) and I want it to have a very tight beam angle so it just shoots out so that when I hold it in the dark, it'll look like I have a very long light saber
buttrock.gif
. Of course the use of it as a flashlight would be limited to a minimum range as im sure it'll burn anything within 10 feet being a tight beam
evilgrin07.gif
and it won't be very good for area lighting, but im sure you'll be able to cut the night with it at long distances. I mean im not alone am i? How many CPFers can seriously look at star wars and NOT be amazed with light sabers?! CPFers will lead the way to this technology, im sure of it
icon3.gif

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunal_Tic said:
Did you ever get a chance to test this config? I remember you mentioned that you were concerned about the juice coming out of the 3xPilas vs. 3xR123s under this load.

I'm still interested in a Pila version myself, hence the question.

-LT

Yes I testes 3 Pila 168a's (18650's) at 1 amp draw the voltage dropped to 11.4v which is an overdrive but the 10.2v ballast handles it fine. Using 17670's the voltage should drop even more.

Mac

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
Yes I testes 3 Pila 168a's (18650's) at 1 amp draw the voltage dropped to 11.4v which is an overdrive but the 10.2v ballast handles it fine. Using 17670's the voltage should drop even more.

Mac

That sounds good, this is getting better and better. I would have thought the draw would be higher. Maybe it's high on start but drops during operation? What do 4xCR123s drop to with the same test?

-LT