mini MAGlite LED 2AA or Fenix E21

ArmoredFiend

Newly Enlightened
I own 2 Maglite LED 3AA, EagleTacP100A2 & Fenix LD20...the brightness of Maglite LED 3AA is a joke...i have since given away both to my in-laws...

If you're looking for a simple straight forward 2xAA then i would suggest you to go for EagleTac P100A2..max @ 195lumen for 1.8Hrs and low @ 55Lumen for 8H..it is more of a thrower and oprates easily with momentarily on-off. Bought mine for less than USD$50.... And Oh, i have dropped it from around 1.2 mtr and apart from some scratches it is still working fine..and once i have accidentally threw it on the tar road (not with max force) when the landyard gave way and still working fine apart from slightly depressed front bezel...

Fenix LD20 is a good flood light when compared with EagleTac's P100A2 and comes with 4 output mode + Strobe + SOS..it is slimmer in shape compare with P100A2....

I love both Fenix and EagleTac mentioned above and foresee i will be keeping them for a long time to come....

I would suggest you to check ask a friend that owns a Maglite LED 2AA and compare it with the one you have in mind regardless whether it's Fenix or Nitecore or Olight or whatever you might have interest in... Granted Maglite LED 2AA is cheaper by half than 2 models mentioned but i would prefer to spend more on a light with brightness i am impressed with than to save .5 of the cost jst to look elsewhere for a replacement...

chenko

Enlightened
The beam pattern of the LD20 is very good for biking too. You made a wise choice and you will not be disappointed.

Knife

Newly Enlightened
My LD20 come to me. This is litle pocket sun. I made short review

Fotografing with Nikon 18'55mm lens on 18mm
exp. 20s aperature 7.1

Without flash
DSC_0161.jpg

This is some Police 3W
DSC_0162.jpg

In LOW mode
DSC_0163.jpg

In MIDLE mode
DSC_0164.jpg

In HIGH mode
DSC_0165.jpg

In TURBO mode
DSC_0166.jpg

sunfire

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine bought one Fenix E21 following my suggestion ...woooch :faint:
Is this real or a horror movie set? :duh2:

jtblue

Newly Enlightened
Finally, the Maglite has a lifetime warranty and is assembled in the US, so if anything happens (including battery leakage, they have agreements with the major battery manufacturers to provide service), you can send it back to Maglite in Ontario, CA for repair or replacement. With the Fenix, it's a 2-year warranty and you have to send it back to China. Two years is pretty short for any well-built tool, plus, it will need to be sent internationally for service.

Not everyone on CPF lives in the States:poke:

petersmith6

Enlightened
i had both Fenix lights and a new multi mode led, while the mag can be foucused it has one major flaw...no hole to atatch a lanyard...now it did say i had both....but i droped my mag of a bridge its in a river....lost for ever....all becouse of some dim whited numpty wanted to save a dime buy not drilling a friking hole.

AaronG

Enlightened
congrats on the light. When I first got my LD10 I was shocked! I had no idea such a small light could do so much.

Now you should delete the link to CPF and run away before you get sucked in and end up with a light collection!

kj2

Flashaholic
congrats on the light. When I first got my LD10 I was shocked! I had no idea such a small light could do so much.

Now you should delete the link to CPF and run away before you get sucked in and end up with a light collection!
haha:p good one ;)

Knife

Newly Enlightened
A friend of mine bought one Fenix E21 following my suggestion ...woooch :faint:
Is this real or a horror movie set? :duh2:

Yes that is real. That is basement in my building
But can be a god scenography for some muvie :naughty:
:thumbsup:

Thefo

Newly Enlightened
Glad to hear you got the LD20, it's a solid little light and built better and with more versatility than the E21.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just pickeded up an E21 at REI! They apparently are starting to stock Fenix lights in their stores. They had three models , and the E21 was only $34.99. Very solid light like all Fenix lights. The newer Maglite AA lights are also a good choice, and sell for only abut $21.00. They are also multimode but have a flashing feature. The E21, however, is much brighter and probably in a different class than the Maglite.