Mini-turbo (D36) head fo SF 9P - please help

Filip

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I'd like to inform you that the D36 9L lamps from Lumensfactory can be installed into Digilight D36 miniturbo head.

LF lamp assemblies have no thread, they are of smaller diameter and they are shorter compared to the original lamp that comes with Digilight D36 miniturbo head but all these differences can be easily "fixed" by putting cca 3.5mm long piece of (plumbing) pipe of 40mm outer diamater and cca 1.5 - 2.0mm thickness into the gap between top part of the lamp assembly and the lens.

I had no contact nor heat problems (LF's LA fits nicely into the bottom/main part of the head). This easy fix works great for my EO-9L and I'm impressed. While not as powerful as HO-M6R in KT2 (running on 3 x AW 18650), I consider EO-9L (2 x AW 18650) a subtle and more comfortable alternative.

Filip

Last edited:

Filip

Newly Enlightened
D36 lamps should be called lamp assemblies, as they include their own reflector.

To answer your question - LF lamp assemblies cannot be screwed into the Digilight reflector because they have their own reflector.

If you are talking about taking apart both lamp assemblies (original and LF) and putting "bulb" from LF into reflector from Digilight I have no idea if this can be done but I think it is not worth it.

Filip