• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired More new services added!!! Interested in Mods?

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Re: Interested in Mods?

I remembered my discussion with JS in his famous A2 thread that the LVR in A2 should handle 2.5 times the bulb voltage. And IIRC, few users have many cycles with rechargables in their A2(probably with modded resistors value) with no ill effects, but one of them actually reported issue with the light after using the rechargable. :thinking:

Nonetheless, with a different resistor value(and brighter leds), one could definitely save up loads if the light is used frequently. :)

Blindasabat said:
I thought the Incan circuit could handle the voltage, that the LED's were the limiter! Have I heard wrong? Doh!

I want ML1. How much will it demand I trade from my pocketbook?

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

The Optimator head seems better suited for a three-cell body, but i gotta admit that that's not a bad looking piece of hardware.

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Archangel,

There is no doubt that it works very well on a 3 cell, with longer run time to boot, but I fell in love with the sample Milkyspit sent me, and he's afraid he wont get it back!!

I'll have some other pictures up in the next few days, I hope, and you can see a few other angles.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast

(smirk) From what i hear, you have a habit of that. Pencil me in for an Optimator-3.
Looking forward to the pix.

seattlite

Enlightened

Knight Lights said:
Price List:
Milky L1 Complete Light $175
Milky L1, modify your light $85 (includes premium emitter, tint of your preference if available.)

Hmmmm....I have an L1. Does the L1 Mod price include a Ubin'd LED? Also, is it just an LED mod or are you also modding the converter? Can I use an RCR123?

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Seattlite,

The L1 mod does not change the circuitry, but matches a hand picked emitter to the circuitry. This is essentially a very low Vf emitter with a very high output that allows maximum output with no increased drain on the cell. Hand picking the emitters allows matching the color change created by the underdrive of the L1 circuitry to the desired characteristics.

We can and will place a U-bin, if we can obtain a supply of quality U-bins that meet Milkyspits rigid quality standards. (Some have been ordered, but are we awaiting their arrival to make a final decision.)

We have been told that AW's protected RCR123's fit, but we have not done that testing. We will be doing so in the near future. That said, we don't see any problems with running that configuration.

The best results to date have been running very high flux T bins, but my personal L1 actually has a 1 watt S bin and I love it. I actually traded back to the S bin from a high flux T bin because I wanted a specific tint that isn't readily available in T bins right now. The new S binned LuxI's run incredibly well at the output of the L1 circuitry.

Bill

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just got an L1 the other day in anticipation getting it modded, and since I have a little bit of a yellow tint, I would like to get the LED replaced per Milkyspit's mod, but would like to keep the current KL style head with the optic. I like the big bright spot and don't miss the spill (I'm used to my Inovas), though it is the squarest spot I've ever seen. Other optics don't look that square.
How much just for the LED matching for a color and brightness boost?

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast

I think there will be a great demand for a KL1 with higher output. Was it milky or someone else that began offering the service but my dang KL1 was in shop for a swap and the modder decided to stop the modding. A reason why the X200A is so reverred here is that it's a 2 cell, lux III with high driving current and monster throw, but it's price anc configuration makes it impractical. I have small 1 cell lights all over the place, but still need a 60+ lumen LuxIII behind the TIR(I'm drooling already), call me a hot-spot whore, but I find the spill in high-powered LuxIII lights too wasteful. A bigger hostspot is SOMETIMES more usefull than a traditional intense yet small beam center. I'm not trying to start a war here but I want a big hotspot that can only be achieved with a TIR type optic. Why? I want to have a dual-beam bike head lights, one being the L4 and one being the spot from a hard-driven LuxIII in a KL1 optic( I love the big spot size on the KL!)

So I love the idea of the 60+ lumen L1, but am crossing my fingers for the time when one of the modders working with this new "Bill" fella would be willing to do a KL1 boost....

Nick

Last edited:

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Blindasabat, to be honest those new-style heads are pretty difficult to open without damage. We could work with you on building an alternate head, though, which could be anything from the old-style head to an Aleph head, to... well, the choices are pretty much limitless. One intriguing possibility might involve a McR27-long reflector... this one pumps out some serious throw while limiting the amount of sidespill to a minimum, and yet it still manages to fit in a relatively narrow head. PM with your preferences if interested!

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Jdriller, Milky L1 with LuxIII UWOJ on its way. Enjoy! :naughty:

Note that Milky has a limited supply of UWOJ emitters on hand and enough parts to build a few Milky L1's with them right now, no extra charge... first come first served!

jdriller

Flashlight Enthusiast

Exceeeeelllent!! I've been served. Yeah, I know hurry up and wait.

Knight Lights

Enlightened

Blindasabat and 270 Winchester,

After extensive discussion, we have decided that we CAN modify the new style KL1 heads, BUT, you need to understand that this head is VERY difficult to work with.

Just opening and replacing the emitter is a nightmare, but our motto is "Anything CAN Be Done" and we will always remember that!!

It won't be cheap, and after discussing it, we both think it would be more cost effective to consider using one of the older version heads, but if you like the new heads, we will be happy to give you a quote for the work.

In addition, if you like the optic, there are some other optics you might want to consider if throw and that big spot with minimal sidespill is your goal.

If you are interested, please PM me for more details.

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast

Knight,

What can you do for a Nuwai QIII ??

I would love more THROW(Very Bright!):grin2: instead of a FLOOD
and maybe a 2 level clickie...High/Low.

Ray

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast

Deleted. Wrong cut-n-paste! :banghead:

Knight Lights will get some pimped-out Q3 info from me in a moment so it can be posted, for benefit of all. :)

Latest posts