Motorcycles! Post em if you got em...

jdboy

Enlightened
This one started life as a 1000cc Iron Head Sportster. Every piece on it was either modified or replaced. The only parts that renamed stock were the oil tank, battery tray, and swing arm.

roger-roger

Enlightened
A recent addition to the fleet. 1972, wears an antique plate. Wait, I must be antique too, then... Appears to be original except the mufflers, which have a nice bark to them. My anti-Goldwing, as it were.
:) This is an homage to the first bike I was ever on, my Uncle who passed a few years ago had a gold and black early 70's Triumph Bonneville that he used to put me up on the tank and ride around. I swear we went farther, but he insisted the official story was just around the neighborhood. I still have two photos of the Bonnie, I'll try to get one posted here.

20160520_085741.jpg

Congrats! Brings back memories! After 2 years on a Honda Mini Trail I was racing a Hodaka Super Rat when that came out.

My second CRF250L. :duh2: Sold the first intending to pick up a 690 Duke--there were none in stock, so went back to the Honda.

Last edited:

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where's the Motorcycle thread??

There is a thread for Cars but I couldn't find a thread for motorcycles!

There must be lots of motorcycle owners on the forum, what are you riding?

I'll start, my BMW R1200GS Adventure, bought it for myself as a retirement present, it's about 18 months old now and I've done about 12,000km on it.

Picture%20420%20BampW_zpsrvuskpww.jpg

Typical, posted this and then found http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?418863-Motorcycles!-Post-em-if-you-got-em Doh!!!

*Threads merged

Last edited by a moderator:

Greta

Flashaholic
Our new baby - and yes, it really is a motorcycle!!

2016 Slingshot - maiden trip from Lake Havasu City, AZ to Albuquerque, NM for the Balloon Fiesta! What a BLAST!!! :D

Slingshot1.jpg

raggie33

*the raggedier*
here is mine b4 you all laugh she leaves most cars at the light and no mater how I ride or where I get 100 mpg. with 2 new tires and clutch bearing and neeew drive belt I'm still under 1200 invested she is a 2013 Honda pcx 150

Greta

Flashaholic
raggie - I have a Yamaha Vino 125... it is awesome for just tooling around town! I love scooters! :)

raggie33

*the raggedier*
raggie - I have a Yamaha Vino 125... it is awesome for just tooling around town! I love scooters! :)
me to I love rideing mine around town. I bet if a wanted to I could get 115 mpgs out of mine. I like the yamahas to.

Greta

Flashaholic
That is badass however if it has a steering wheel and you sit side by side................I respectfully disagree. :duck:

It's registered and insured as a motorcycle... so I'm calling it a motorcycle. I win. :nana:

dhunley1

Enlightened
Our new baby - and yes, it really is a motorcycle!!

2016 Slingshot - maiden trip from Lake Havasu City, AZ to Albuquerque, NM for the Balloon Fiesta! What a BLAST!!! :D

Very nice! I rode around in one and it was a blast!

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
This is the wife and mines i have the harley she has the honda.[/IMG]

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
:bow: :p Is it fast? I bet it handles like a dream.

We had the cruise set at 80 on the highway to Albuquerque. We've heard others say they've had theirs up to 100... :huh: Yes, it handles like a dream... reminds me so much of my 350Z I had years ago. I love the 5-speed manual transmission! VROOOOM!!! And my arms and back are even getting a good work-out with the manual "power" steering! :p

Here's a video from a few weeks ago when 7 of us went on a ride through the desert. We turned a lot of heads that day - it was so much FUN!!

We were doing about 60 in this video -

Last edited:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, I love your sound system, with my advancing in years and old bones I find I ride my 2 wheeler less and less, after seeing yours and the video I might have to get one. :D
It is reasonably priced and would satisfy two needs for me, being in the wind and having a "mid life crisis" speedster. :p
I have only seen the Can Am Spyders here in CA and don't really care for them.

PS. I'd get the power assisted steering version. LOL.

Last edited:

Greta

Flashaholic
Beam... the sound system is amazing for that kind of vehicle! And it struck me as so funny that "Let's Go Crazy" was playing while these guys were doing double the speed limit through the desert... where there are signs all over "Watch out for burros" :eek: - But it really was fun! :grin2:

We had a Victory that I couldn't drive and traded it in for the Slingshot. Honey was saying how his knees weren't going to hold out much longer with the two wheels. And I honestly did not like riding on the back of it. (Had an accident on the Harley years ago... that spooked me a lot!) We test drove the Spyder and I couldn't drive that either because I'm too short and it was NOT comfortable leaning so far forward to reach the handle bars. AND - riding on the back of THAT was not in the least bit secure feeling for me. The back tire "wobbles" and I felt like I was going to be dumped off the side. The Slingshot is really the best of ALL worlds! And I can drive it like a serious badass! LOL I even get catcalls at stop lights now! (yeah, I know it's the machine but I'll take what I can get at my age) :D