Mozilla Firefox

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
From a security standpoint, that would be risky. Try running it in FF Safe Mode using the special shortcut on the Start > All Programs > FireFox menu, as a fact-finding step. If the problem goes away, you might just have buggy extensions.

Thanks. Will Firefox in safe mode run or look any differently?

mechBgon

Enlightened
Thanks. Will Firefox in safe mode run or look any differently?

It probably will look & run different, if you are using add-ons that block advertisements and/or scripts. But if that fixes the reliability issues, then you can start narrowing down the list of suspects by uninstalling certain add-ons to see if they were the cause.

Last edited:

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Don't bother with the new 29.0b1 version What an absolute fail!!
After switching back to 28.xx I had a number of issues.

I'v used FF for a decade & this is their biggest disaster by far.

Frijid

Enlightened
The problem i have with firefox, is they seem to update every 3 days. And all the constant updating seems to have minor glitches that cause a problem, and i have to uninstall and go back a few versions to one that actually worked. Call me old fashion, but i liked the days of when I WAS ASKED if i wanted to upgrade something

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^

That's not it at all,
they made gigantic changes to 29.xx which limited several things I find time saving.

I don't have a single item on my computer that auto-updates,, not one

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
The problem i have with firefox, is they seem to update every 3 days. And all the constant updating seems to have minor glitches that cause a problem, and i have to uninstall and go back a few versions to one that actually worked. Call me old fashion, but i liked the days of when I WAS ASKED if i wanted to upgrade something

Go into Advanced tab in options and in the update section choose check for updates, but let me choose in install them option. If you are getting updates every 3 days I am thinking you are on the beta channel version 29 instead of the normal version channel version 28. On the normal version channel you may see 1-2 updates till you go to the next major version to patch bad bugs or security issues but nowhere near every 3 days average.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
^

no, not add-on stuff

the biggest one that forced me to uninstall was not having a slider for bookmarks
that made it a complete hassle to scroll down

several other dippy things..

Ted Roadstar

Newly Enlightened
Just switched from Firefox to Opera and I am really enjoying the lack of niggling troubles. FF was my go to browser for years but they finally glitches themselves into deletion...try Opera, takes some getting used to but overall a good experience!

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Looks like Mozilla's co-founder has a rather unfortunate sectarian belief; no point in supporting a company that deals with accessing facts if they don't access them themselves.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
I agree 100% Starhalo.

So I'm running FF 28.0 on Win 7 Pro and I haven't had any issues at all. I used to be on the beta channel for awhile but it got to be too glitchy so I'm back on the regular release channel for updates. I use FF at work also and many of the devices I work with seem to like FF a lot better than IE and spit out fewer errors.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
(I was arguing against Mozilla/Firefox, but the guy in question got booted, so I guess it's resolved..)

If you like the simplicity and speed of Firefox, do try Chrome; I stopped using Firefox some time ago when I discovered that Chrome played video more smoothly on my laptop.

carrot

Flashaholic
I Firedfox due to the way they treated a great employee, who's personal beliefs were never an issue or mentioned at his place of employment. :sigh:

~ Chance

Easily in a no-win situation. If Mozilla didn't oust Eich, they'd be forever known for having the anti-gay CEO... now that Eich is out, they now get to be the company that doesn't respect personally held political beliefs.

ven

Flashaholic
I tried several,firefox was one,actually gave it several chances over the last couple of years,slow,bluntly put for me crap.........

Only one i use is chrome(sure others will say crap :laughing: ) but its quicker,like the tabs,just prefer it...........

IE has to be the worst for me out of all browsers,tried that a couple of times and toooooo sloooooow and its not like i am running slow equipment. 120meg at the mo and soon to be 150meg,i even had 90 meg on my iphone 5s wifi :naughty:

Horses for courses i guess and what works for you,i know many who swear by firefox...........i just swear at it:laughing:

Hi carrot,

Definitely a no-win situation. Still, it would have been great to see Mr. Eich's co workers and those in management stand beside him given that no one had a complaint concerning his actual job performance. It's a terrible thing to throw a man under the buss for no other reason than people don't agree with his private (until illegally released) moral beliefs. So much for inclusion.

~ Chance