Multi brightness flashlight. What's your mode change preference?

Mode change

• Total voters

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
For EDC I perfer L-M-H.

When I need a dependable "High" level (some might call a "Tactical" level), I use a single output flashlight.

Which is also why I carry 2 flashlights, when I may have need of the "Tactical" level of output, as I don't want to "flash" something, and find that my next "flash" is at a different level.

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it is a fixed changeable setup I prefer it start on low like my automobile where I can add more if needed. How low? Well generally enough to be useable in most situations. Say 10-20 lumens.

I grew up with light bulb'd flashlights that were generally putting less than 20 lumens. So I find around 20 to be adequate pretty often.

I can definitely see the virtues of a rotary system and have some rotary lights like lanterns and headlamps. Yet they are set to come on at about the same output as a 2 cell bulbed light.

My 2200 lumen Streamlight starts at 60 lumens and rarely goes to the medium 600 or 2200 high. But boy is it nice to be able to sometimes.

I find that most of my EDC use can be handled in the 15-25 lumens range.

These days I use a Streamlight ProTac 1L set in the Low/High configuration, as my EDC, finding the 22 lumens (Low) handles probably 80-90% of my needs, and the 275 lumens (High) handles the rest.

pc_light

Enlightened
Assuming you're asking for EDC purposes, because other use lights migt have a different preference.

On the basis of the light I gravitate towards the most of my pocket EDC rotation, my favorite UI must be the Olight S-Mini -
Simple Click for On/Off, with last mode memory.
Long-hold for Moonlight or lowest mode.
Double-click Turbo or highest mode.
Once On, Press&hold for change upwards in brighness.

Very intuitive.
Similar pattern for Ramping Interfaces.
Special pattern/strobes hidden, such as Triple-click, etc.

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
For me, my Olights are perfect. L-M-H with moonlight a long hold and Turbo at a double tap.
I don't want strobe. I prefer the switch location also, as I hold them in my hand. Tail switch is hard on my wrists (My View).

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can see the use of moonlight or low on a special purpose light , nightstand, camping.

But most of my use, I like a good medium mode with good runtime.
Min 30 lumens and up to 120. Any where in that range works for me.
It's nice to have an easy to use UI. Some of my favorite UI. Mr bulk ,
Emmisar D4 is great. Similar to Olight. Or Nitecore D10.