Music to the Marrow (To What Are You Listening?)

bykfixer

Flashaholic

This was playing in my noggin while washing my work truck in a tropical storm.

Neighbors driving past giving me looks like I'd lost my mind. But in a rain storm there's no worry about soap drying before you rinse, did you rinse all of the soap off, did you miss a spot etc. Nope mother nature did a pre-soak, you just wipe and wipe and the rain rinses it off the whole time. I didn't even need to use soap.

When I was done and went indoors a deluge with gusty winds took place for about 10 minutes, so now my truck looks like new in about 20 minutes versus an hour, and no stuff to put away except a wash cloth and car was brush.

Last edited:

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast

Neighbors driving past giving me looks like I'd lost my mind. But in a rain storm there's no worry about soap drying before you rinse, did you rinse all of the soap off, did you miss a spot etc. Nope mother nature did a pre-soak, you just wipe and wipe and the rain rinses it off the whole time. I didn't even need to use soap.

When I was done and went indoors a deluge with gusty winds took place for about 10 minutes, so now my truck looks like new in about 20 minutes versus an hour, and no stuff to put away except a wash cloth and car was brush.

Now THAT is a FURY that I would LOVE to have! (Plymouth)

Ahhh, 1976! Happier time! :party: USA's 200th birthday! Good times! Good music! (y)

Galane

Newly Enlightened

The song "Car Wash" is in public domain. During the production of "Sliders" they needed some music for an episode but didn't have $ in the budget to license anything nor to have a new piece written. One of the production team jokingly said they could use "Car Wash".

When it got down to the time they had to have the song for the episode, they used "Car Wash", changing the music a bit and writing their own lyrics, somehow getting them past the unions that control the writing of music and lyrics in TV shows.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

When ever it rains hard,, I quick fill a big stainless bowl with really soapy water and run up to my car and wash off the front 1/3 of it.
The whole front, side mirrors, hood, front windshield etc..
In a pouring rain

Sure there are some people driving by that think I'm nuts.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

When ever it rains hard,, I quick fill a big stainless bowl with really soapy water and run up to my car and wash off the front 1/3 of it.
The whole front, side mirrors, hood, front windshield etc..
In a pouring rain

Sure there are some people driving by that think I'm nuts.
During warm rains i get out on my deck with bottle of Krud Kutter with brush and wash off railings mold, bird dropping, etc.. Let mother nature do the rinsing 👍

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Been meaning to post a Happy Mondays tune for a while.
On my way to a friends house yesterday they played this on Retro Brunch did I ever start laughing.

^ must say, does prove most white dudes CANNOT dance ^