MUST SEE>>>> Gladius / H2X mods- Incredible!!! Seoul-Mated

waynejitsu

Enlightened
For all of the specifics, it would be best to email or pm Gladius1, he can fill in all the blanks.
I can not tell you, but he can.
Looking at my light, it actually looks tighter than before, but that may be me.

Give him a shout and he can answer all your specific questions.

JohnF

Enlightened
My older Gladius came back from mike cleaned, niceley greased, and has smoother operation than when I sent it off. Haven't test waterproofness other than in the backyard pool, but I've got to think is as good or better than before.

I much prefer the beam 'after' to 'before' - larger hotspot, smoother transition from hotspot to spill, still plenty of throw, and bright as heck. More useful for me, but then I tend to like a bit more 'flood' in my lights. Like I said, though, throw is as good or better than before, just more light.

John F

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Hello guys.Thanx alot:goodjob:.The water proofness is the same as with all good lights. The Gladius is sealed with rubber seals.The seals are not glued ,Nothing special.Only the threads are locked so you can't open the head.
GLADIUSX1:rock:
Lambert said:
Does this mod compromise the waterproof integrity of the flashlight? Are the seals unglued in the process?

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Gladiusx1,
Does the HDS mod go as fast as the Gladius mod?

Can you return any parts that come off of the HDS, such as LED and "if you find another reflector" that would work good, (wink, wink, LOL!)

Do you know where I can get an HDS tool for changing lens, etc?

Thanks!!

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
I hope hope to have some more of those promised long distance beam shots posted later in the day.standby:whistle:
GLADIUSX1

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
Wayne the modds turnaround is the same ,It all depends on how many lights I get in any given week. As you can see I have a few coming all in around the same time .Not to worry it will get done in one or two days.Thats not bad.
GLADIUSX1
waynejitsu said:
Gladiusx1,
Does the HDS mod go as fast as the Gladius mod?

Can you return any parts that come off of the HDS, such as LED and "if you find another reflector" that would work good, (wink, wink, LOL!)

Do you know where I can get an HDS tool for changing lens, etc?

Thanks!!

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
This one is vs the Mac Aspherical and the photo is not very good...

IMG_1580.jpg

Followthehollow

Newly Enlightened
Man I'm impressed wish that I had seen this earlier. I think I'll be shipping mine off to you this weekend.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Lips said:
This one is vs the Mac Aspherical and the photo is not very good...

IMG_1580.jpg

Do you have the price of each?

I am just trying to get an idea of "bang for buck" comparision.

Not just to check price, but looks like this mod really blows the other light out of the water!!

What is a Mac Aspherical?
I never owned one?

Luna

Enlightened
I just threw one in my Gladius and well ...yeah, nice! Can't wait for it to get dark to test. Low stays low yet the high is much brighter. It appears to smoke my WWOS U2 doing a ceiling bounce(both running rechargables with an unknown state of charge)

Just for the record, it appeared that I had to remove some of the reflective coating overspray to get it to work since shaving a little off the reflector allowed it to touch the die. It worked without the reflector in place, added the head an no go, cleaned the reflector of overspray and reassembled without issue. So it may or may not have had anything to do with it.

waynejitsu

Enlightened
GLADIUSX1 said:
Wayne the modds turnaround is the same ,It all depends on how many lights I get in any given week. As you can see I have a few coming all in around the same time .Not to worry it will get done in one or two days.Thats not bad.
GLADIUSX1

1 or 2 days!!!
That is GREAT!!!

I have had to wait over 6 weeks for mods, so 2 days is perfect:)

On the other hand, I have had quick turn around from other modders, but the reflector was full of trash, the led was off center, the soldering was terrible, just hanging on, barely making contact, etc, etc.

It is nice to see you doing quality work AND not keeping people hanging on for weeks or months at a time.:goodjob:

If all your mods are as perfect as the lights I have recieved from you so far, I will be absolutely thrilled!!!
Everything about the lights was perfect and could not tell it from a factory light..., until you turned it on- WOW!!!

I like the "stealth look", kinda like when I installed a lot of car stereos, I liked to make the stealth systems, it was cool to see the looks of peoples faces when it was turned on, like these lights, you do not see any difference- until you SEE THE DIFFERENCE:rock:

Anyhow, looking forward to trying a new one out:naughty:
THANKS!!! AAA+++

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Followthehollow said:
Man I'm impressed wish that I had seen this earlier. I think I'll be shipping mine off to you this weekend.

This will be the best $40 you ever spend on a mod for a light.
Think about it, it is less than the price of a Cree drop in when they first came out and this is a "real" mod..., and includes shipping and your led he removed returned..., now I need to find a cheap light to put the old Gladius led in to upgrade it, as it is actually a fairly nice led, but nothing compared to the "after" mod led that fires out from the end of the bezel!!!:wow:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Luna said:
I just threw one in my Gladius and well ...yeah, nice! Can't wait for it to get dark to test. Low stays low yet the high is much brighter. It appears to smoke my WWOS U2 doing a ceiling bounce(both running rechargables with an unknown state of charge)

Just for the record, it appeared that I had to remove some of the reflective coating overspray to get it to work since shaving a little off the reflector allowed it to touch the die. It worked without the reflector in place, added the head an no go, cleaned the reflector of overspray and reassembled without issue. So it may or may not have had anything to do with it.

Have you tried them out?

I didn't know if I somehow missed the post, maybe on another thread or forum?

Any beam shots :naughty:

Luna

Enlightened
Yeah, I put one of the stars (from PhotonFanatic) in the gladius within 15minutes of it coming in the mail. Fortunately the star fit perfectly in the spot that was left from the Ubin LuxIII i installed a while back so I didn't even have to think about alignment due to the form from the previous application of AA. Seems to put out about the same amount of light as a fairly recent L4 I have (which seems to be better than the good U2 I have--it is a wwos and isn't too far off in ouput vs an UltraStinger). The spill of the gladius is now about the same as the U2 in brightness and area but with a very bright hotspot that frankly redefines my throw expectations from a small diameter reflector. We are talking incandescent levels and I haven't tried putting any primaries in it yet ;)

Great upgrade. Now I want a 4 die version to toss into the U2 :)

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
waynejitsu said:
Do you have the price of each?

I am just trying to get an idea of "bang for buck" comparision.

Not just to check price, but looks like this mod really blows the other light out of the water!!

What is a Mac Aspherical?
I never owned one?

Wayne...see this thread for the Aspherical Mag:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/156014&page=1

I have one, and it's an absolute THROW MONSTER! Most throw I've ever seen in an LED light...in fact, nothing that I've seen with an LED even comes close!

PJD

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I have a mini mag modded like this, it is just not real practical.

On the other hand, I carry the Gladius every day. Not only killer brite, but the UI is a perfect set up for my uses:)

Now I am waiting for my HDS to get modded also.
I like the HDS, small, pocket clip, multi stage, etc.
The low is great for 3am, but just not bright enough for me on the higher stages.
I think this mod on the HDS will take care of that, that is if the last few mods I recieved from him is any indication:)

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
How many lumens is the Gladius seoul ?
is the gladius driver give 1 A, so the seoul may give 240 lumens ??? is it right ?

GLADIUSX1

Enlightened
The Modded Gladius is putting out around the 200 lumens ,the current to the seoul p4 from the circuit is around 940 milliamp with around 5% plus or minus .I have seen a brightness differance in some of the Gladius mods .this is and indication of different current output to the emitter.hope this helps.
GLADIUSX1:rock:
zifnab69 said:
How many lumens is the Gladius seoul ?
is the gladius driver give 1 A, so the seoul may give 240 lumens ??? is it right ?