MUST SEE>>>> Gladius / H2X mods- Incredible!!! Seoul-Mated

waynejitsu

Enlightened
Just to add...
When I spoke to the reps at Insight, the H2X should be running about 1,000mah which should give about 240 lumens at the LED.
Out the front should be about 180 - 215 lumens.
At least according to everything I have read about this subject.

At any rate, very very bright for a light of this size.

Being bright is great, but having the option to lower the light to just a faint glow for night walks through the house is another plus, as well as having every light available between high and low.

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
And what about the running time of the sscp4 gladius ?
is it the same as the lux3 led ? ( with standard cr123)
Thank you

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm running 2 x 3 volt rechargeable RCR123 (1000mah) from lighthound.com for no-blink rechargeable solution in the Gladius. Keeps the light output blazing vs using a single 18670 rechargeable. No blinky and did I mention blazing :grin2:

GladiusX1,

have you considered offering the option of getting that insert tube out of the battery tube and going rechargeable... It's a nice mod and I don't think it was too difficult...

Cheers

waynejitsu

Enlightened
"have you considered offering the option of getting that insert tube out of the battery tube and going rechargeable... It's a nice mod and I don't think it was too difficult..."

How can you do that?
I tried and almost messed up my light. The tube insert is where a ribbon of wiring is and if you mess it up, the light will not work.
Not trolling, I seriously want to know, I would love to be able to use rechargables:)

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
LIPS
What is the running time with your 3 volt rechargeable RCR123 ?
( are you sure it was 1000mah because i cant find them on lighthound ?)
and what do you mean with "battery tube " in the gladius ?
Thank you

Last edited:

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
zifnab69 said:
LIPS
What is the running time with your 3 volt rechargeable RCR123 ?
( are you sure it was 1000mah because i cant find them on lighthound ?)
and what do you mean with "battery tube " in the gladius ?
Thank you

1st day I used them so don't know, Very Bright

I ordered the 700 mah (or what's listed on site) and got the 1000 mah in the mail.

Link to the Gladius rechareable Mod Here Post 21 has pics

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast

Takes 18650 Protected (Blinks) or 2 x RcR123 - 3 Volt 1000 mah (No Blink)

IMG_1618.jpg

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
My tube is no longer in my light but the 3v from lighthound fit the tube nicely so if you go that route a Mod should not be needed. 1000 mah should give a nice runtime also...

Luna

Enlightened
Lips, what voltage do those show without load? In the past, 3v RCR were not limiting the voltage until a certain load was applied and people had concern about the overvoltage occurring in the Gladius just sitting idle (since the circuit is always on)

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Luna said:
Lips, what voltage do those show without load? In the past, 3v RCR were not limiting the voltage until a certain load was applied and people had concern about the overvoltage occurring in the Gladius just sitting idle (since the circuit is always on)

I haven't gotten the ultra charger from Dealextreme yet so I threw them in a two bay batterystation charger to get the voltage up a little. They went to around 4.17. Dropped them in the Gladius and turned on for 2 seconds. Took them out and read 3.3v no load...

I think the Gladius has a 7 volt tolerance for the electronics to work properly if I can remember correctly. The 3 volts dropped back down very quickly with a two second burst and stayed there at 3.3v. :shrug:

Not sure what all is going on with that... It's working though!

zifnab69

Newly Enlightened
is any body else use this rcr123 3v in gladius without problems ?
Because as Luna say "3v RCR were not limiting the voltage until a certain load was applied and people had concern about the overvoltage occurring in the Gladius just sitting idle (since the circuit is always on)"

And i'm very afraid putting 3v rcr123 in my gladius and looking it smoking even if it is off.

greenstuffs

Banned
I just seouled my H2x this thing is like a flame thrower, its my first flashlight mod, but i've done ps2 mods, overall this thing is very easy to mod almost like a drop in. I just had to run to the store for a pair of strap wrenches.
I love my gladius even more now :D
Edit: I was going to go through Mike, but didn't notice he is overseas and shipping charges do add up plus the transit time i can't stay without my gladius is my EDC.

Last edited:

waynejitsu

Enlightened
I just use primaries.
This is so bright that I really do not use it on high a lot, but boy is it fun showing off at night!!!

sygyzy

Enlightened
I went to the HDS website and the EDC is not for sale anymore. Where can I get one? Also, can I send any HDS, including the Basic?

copman

Newly Enlightened
I'm running 2 x 3 volt rechargeable RCR123 (1000mah) from lighthound.com for no-blink rechargeable solution in the Gladius. Keeps the light output blazing vs using a single 18670 rechargeable. No blinky and did I mention blazing :grin2:

Just curious as to which batteries and charger you went with for your gladius? Also, do you find that your brightness is diminished any with the rechargables....probably a moot point with the mod and all but was just wondering. I'm going to buy a modded Gladius soon since I'm headed into LE.
Thanks!!

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just curious as to which batteries and charger you went with for your gladius? Also, do you find that your brightness is diminished any with the rechargables....probably a moot point with the mod and all but was just wondering. I'm going to buy a modded Gladius soon since I'm headed into LE.
Thanks!!

Hello Copman and welcome to CPF

Don't bother with those batteries pictured from lighthound as they suck... (after runtime test)

I don't recommend for anyone (mines a duty light) else but I use AW's RCR123's (3.6v - 4.2v fully charged) in my gladius (modded by GladiusX1)... The electronics are rated for 7v only but I always carry a backup light. No problems so far for me...

Cheers

copman

Newly Enlightened
Hello Copman and welcome to CPF

Don't bother with those batteries pictured from lighthound as they suck... (after runtime test)

I don't recommend for anyone (mines a duty light) else but I use AW's RCR123's (3.6v - 4.2v fully charged) in my gladius (modded by GladiusX1)... The electronics are rated for 7v only but I always carry a backup light. No problems so far for me...

Cheers

Thanks for the welcome. Lots of good info here...glad I joined. As for the high voltage setup you're using, yeah, I'd probably steer clear. Now in an earlier post:

Takes 18650 Protected (Blinks) or 2 x RcR123 - 3 Volt 1000 mah (No Blink).

you mention that using two of the RCR123s doesn't make it blink....were those pictured of the rechargeable variety? If so, where did you get them? and are they protected? I really do want to run rechargeables in my Gladius just want to find the right setup first...thanks for help!!