MY 10 CREES MAKITA LIGHT

KingSmono

Enlightened
On the white cars, take a look around Orlando or Houston or Phoenix. People in hot climates tend to buy white cars because they help reflect the sun's rays and keep the car a bit cooler. I'm not sure how effective it really is, but apparently many people believe it.

OT: Funny "white-car" story... A couple years ago, my girlfriend and I were at Universal Studios here in Orlando. We had Annual Passes, so we went fairly often. Side-note: Universal & Islands of Adventure share a really nice, award winning parking-garage system. We got there pretty early this one particular day, and parked as usual... We came back to our car around noon-ish to go grab some lunch at a nearby restaurant, and we noticed that EVERY SINGLE CAR on our entire floor was WHITE! I'm talking literally THOUSANDS of white cars... We thought we were in the Matrix or something... we were seriously weirded out!

So we left to get lunch, and when we came back to the park, they routed us right back to the "white-car-floor" while all other non-white cars had to park on other floors. Finally we asked someone what the deal was, and they said that a new manager of the parking-department had just been hired, and it was just a fun little thing he decided to do on his first day.

But if you didn't remember where you parked that day, you'd have had a seriously difficult time finding your car... Needle in a haystack. Even when I tell people this story, I don't think they can really imagine the SEA of white-vehicles that we saw!

Joshatdot

Enlightened
OT: Funny "white-car" story... A couple years ago, my girlfriend and I were at Universal Studios here in Orlando. We had Annual Passes, so we went fairly often. Side-note: Universal & Islands of Adventure share a really nice, award winning parking-garage system. We got there pretty early this one particular day, and parked as usual... We came back to our car around noon-ish to go grab some lunch at a nearby restaurant, and we noticed that EVERY SINGLE CAR on our entire floor was WHITE! I'm talking literally THOUSANDS of white cars... We thought we were in the Matrix or something... we were seriously weirded out!

So we left to get lunch, and when we came back to the park, they routed us right back to the "white-car-floor" while all other non-white cars had to park on other floors. Finally we asked someone what the deal was, and they said that a new manager of the parking-department had just been hired, and it was just a fun little thing he decided to do on his first day.

But if you didn't remember where you parked that day, you'd have had a seriously difficult time finding your car... Needle in a haystack. Even when I tell people this story, I don't think they can really imagine the SEA of white-vehicles that we saw!

LOL, sounds like something I would do.

but DAYUM! What a Torch! You got me thinking of designing one myself!

ejot

Enlightened
:wow:What a monster build from back before my time, beautifully designed and assembled. Thanks for digging this one up! :thumbsup:

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting that he would wake this thread just now. I was just rereading it a couple of days ago. Have a few new Makita batteries and am planning something myself. Also the Shoppe's Makita battery socket makes it really easy to get the battery connector part done.