My Extreme Fenix TK40 Torture Test.

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
Go to YouTube and checkout the Olight M20 Torture Test. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYiBvkbfx6A

What I don't get is how can the batteries not explode or something when doing the boiling water test? Its not a good idea to leave those batteries in the glovebox of a car in the sun, but you are allowed to boil it.. How much abuse can a 18650 really take? Are there any torture tests of 18650 batteries?

Hansiii

Newly Enlightened
Great test, but I dont know if my TK40 would make this test...

I would never run over it with a car. Poor TK40 :(

firelord777

Enlightened
I wouldn't voluntarily run any of my lights over, but I do know they're strong enough to survive that. BTW, did anyone ever find the TK40?

DougL

Newly Enlightened
I know this thread is somewhat old, but maybe someone will see my question.
Anybody have the run times for the alternate modes on the Fenix TK40?
Thanks,
Doug

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
In the Olight test they dropped it from a 3rd floor building TWICE. They also dragged it for 500 meters on pavement. I am also into photography and I agree that people baby their equipment. I still have my old Nikon F5 35mm and my D300 are all built to take a beating.

LOL yeah... I'm not letting you near my D800 :D

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really think that in honor of this thread, somebody needs to beat their TK40 in a manner similar to the OP and post some pics. :poke:

Of course, I would do it, but alas, I do not own a TK40 and can't afford to buy one, so it's up to one of the rest of fans of this thread...my contribution is the idea. No need to thank me! :D

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean latest version TK41 right? Let's see the successor suffer the same challenge!

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of the web hosting services seemingly have bandwidth limits for image/accounts. I don't know if that goes away for premium accounts, but it stinks because that's not clear on a lot of them then images on sites suddenly go poof! I've started putting some images on imgur, but don't know how permanent that is. For some of the stuff on here I've been using photobucket, but again I think that site too has a limit for free accounts.

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with Flickr. I think it's about the best hosting site...I'm not sure if there even is a bandwidth limit, but I stand to be corrected.

I'd like to see the picks again too. :poke:

Strintguy

Enlightened
Aussiebob, I just google mapped it, and I am only 7 hrs away from the lost light; may have to go for a scavenger hunt...

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with Flickr. I think it's about the best hosting site...I'm not sure if there even is a bandwidth limit, but I stand to be corrected.

I'd like to see the picks again too. :poke:

Hmm... never thought about Flickr like that. Haven't used it in a long time for my actual photography work. I guess a lot of people do use it for general image hosting. Don't know if you can hotlink stuff well from it though can you?

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
...Don't know if you can hotlink stuff well from it though can you?

You definitely can...you just open the photo to the size you want to post and right click for the image URL. You can even keep pics private, so only you can see them in your photostream on Flickr, yet still hotlink those images the same way.

magicstone12

Banned
You definitely can...you just open the photo to the size you want to post and right click for the image URL. You can even keep pics private, so only you can see them in your photostream on Flickr, yet still hotlink those images the same way.

Will photos be compressed?

Latest posts