N00b Looking for Flashlight Suggestions

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a "quick fix" of lumens, head to your closest walmart and see if they have the Stanley HID. It is a 35 watt HID spotlight for only $70, and should satisfy you for a while. It is a spotlight, however, so it will be larger than a flashlight.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your deciding between a LD20 and a P100A2 I know the P100 is cheaper but I think the Fenix is better quality so that could be a decider for you. If you want a holster or lanyard with the P100 your gonna have to order that separately, the LD20 comes with both.

Last edited:

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only quality issues I have heard of with the Eagletac is that the anodizing wears off more easily than most Type III coatings, and that some people received slightly off center emitters. These are not issues that make the P100A2 any more likely to fail, so I would say that it is probably a toss up between the two lights as far as actual dependability is concerned.

LiquidKernel

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty much set between those two lights. Just out of curiosity, where would you guys suggest I get them? The link at PTS has the P100A2 for $40 which seems like a great deal. Is there perhaps a discount code (I read that CPF has some) that will give me say.. free shipping?

The LD20 though does look better. If I can get that for $60 shipped or so, I'd take it!

Last edited:

LiquidKernel

Newly Enlightened
DECISION MADE!!

Just bought the Fenix LD20 with a diffuser. $65.70 shipped USPS Priority from 4sevens.com with the CPF discount.

Next up after this is an HID light and maybe modify a regular halogen spot to use HIDs.

lovecpf

To show you guys my obsession with HIDs (well, it's actually a side business)...

PIC_0066.jpg

I have about 300 HID bulbs, 50+ ballasts, tons of Xenon projectors and everything in between.

LiquidKernel

Newly Enlightened
Nice choice let us know what you think of it.

Thank you! I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I hope they send a delivery confirmation number! I'm expecting to see it early next week (2-3 days USPS Priority) if they end up shipping it out tomorrow (I hope).

Next up will most likely be an HID torch.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you! I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I hope they send a delivery confirmation number! I'm expecting to see it early next week (2-3 days USPS Priority) if they end up shipping it out tomorrow (I hope).

Next up will most likely be an HID torch.

If you just ordered it tonight they will send a confirmation with tracking number tomorrow.