National Flashlight Day

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
HEYYYYYYYYY!!! I didn't get anything like that! Just wait til' my wife gets home...lol. Seriously though, that is fantastic! :twothumbs

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
But I find THIS when I get home just now . . . it's a result of sending that "holiday insights" link to my wise ***, teenage daughter.

flashlightdaycake.jpg

I'm thinking of making it my avatar.
Good one ... I'm sure my daughter would have done the same if I had sent her the link. She's been doing a lot of Xmas baking lately.

Glad to see you have it up as your avatar! :laughing:

Norman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Nobody's mentioned that National Flashlight Day is this Friday. I was going to start a new thread, but I stumbled across this one, which has both an interesting YouTube video and a cute picture; both of which are still available.

There's still a few days to charge up your batteries and get ready!

Last edited:

JohnnyBravo

Enlightened
WOW! 15 yr old thread w/ less than 30 replies.

Coincidentally, my first LED light w/ a Nichia in it should show up tomorrow on National Flashlight Day. I shall play w/ it whilst playing that Marty video. It's a Folomov 18650s.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'll celebrate with a classic.
My 1969 Kel-Lite powered by 2-18500's lighting the filament of a Maglite 4 cell xenon.

After sundown edit:
IMG-20181221-180737.jpg

IMG-20181221-180809.jpg

It's a thrower.
Distant shed is about 50 yards. (45m)

Last edited:

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Incan surefire e2e for me. Of course backed up by another couple of lights- just because. I really wanted my minimag but thats currently on my dads nightstand- he likes the warm low light.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy flashlight day !

This old thread ,It got me thinking,I miss some of my old lights. Would love to have kept my Nuwaii Q3 with flupic!
I also sit here with my nitecore smart pd with GD led. Many times I find myself using many of my older lights. Mr Bulk Chameleon! Upgraded to xml.
I still love the power of my D4, but in many ways I think some of the earlier lights are better. Better UI, better build quality that today's production lights.
(Not some of our great custom pieces.)
So much so that for Xmas I bought myself a MJP extream III.
Anyone else feel this way ? List your most missed light of your past.
My
Most missed,

Liteflux lf3

night.hoodie

Enlightened
I wanted to thank this community, thank you so much, I am very grateful for the flashlight and battery education and support. May all of you have a National Flashlight Day that is bright.. or dim... whichever you prefer... whatever it takes. Shine on, CPFers!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Went with this old favorite:
IMG-20181222-055227.jpg

Puts out about 25 throwey lumens.
Great 'round the house light from days gone by.

Note the Solitaire in the background for the sudden lights out while brushing teeth or shaving.

Last edited:

Norman

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
National Flashlight Day 2019 is Saturday the 21st (tomorrow), so you're running out of time to prepare!

harro

Enlightened
Would national flashlight day fall on June 21st in the southern hemisphere?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this causes so many problems for us guys in the bottom part.

It would have to be called National TORCH day,
At 37deg odd of latitude underneath, the day is about 14 1/2 hours long,
It takes too long to dust off all the lights and wipe the lenses with a microfibre and alcohol.

I guess though, in the spirit of the momentous occasion, us Southerners, could always ahhhh, ermmm, ' aquire ' several new lights to celebrate!!!

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, according to an email or two......today is National Flashlight Day. Charge up and enjoy the night folks! :D Better yet, buy yourself something!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
To celebrate I walked out on my deck barefoot clicked through the settings on a tiny Manker T01 a few times, noticed my feet were getting mighty cold and decided at that point to celebrate "warm den night" instead.