National Flashlight Day

Norman

Newly Enlightened
Monday (tomorrow) is National Flashlight Day!

What's everybody doing to prepare? I'll be topping up some rechargeable batteries that haven't been used since the clocks changed in the spring.

nbp

Flashaholic
Might swap a few rechargeables today and then plan for a night hike Monday night!

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plan on going on a night hike to see the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. Should be similar to the star of Bethlehem at the first Christmas (that one was Jupiter and Venus in conjunction).

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
All my Aux lights are on High, and twinkling along the front of the shelf proudly flying the colors today, and later several alkaleak adverts will be defaced and burnt to honor the fallen. :D

dotCPF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Plan on going on a night hike to see the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn. Should be similar to the star of Bethlehem at the first Christmas (that one was Jupiter and Venus in conjunction).

I wish to do the same, but it is super cloudy here today. Tomorrow might be clear enough.

Either way, Surefire E2D w/ MDC 219b in my left pocket, HDS 4K XPL in my right, SkyLumen Weltool W3vn4 in my bag, and a few others to play with. Funny, I had some strange urge to grab extra lights today (Solarforce L2 w/ SST40 P60vn and the new Manker MC13) even though I'll be super busy, maybe Flashlight Day is subliminal to my mind....

Cheers all!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'll be going back in time this year and celebrating with a 1x aa from the 1950's called a "Tom Thumb" light made by Fulton and a RayoVac Sportsman Jr. If things work out they are about as bright as a birthday candle. The beam from the #112 in the Fulton is a Mag Solitaire throwey beam and the RayoVac is like a Fenix E01 with a chapstick cap over it.

C8899-A62-0-F16-4-B90-A7-F7-1-D8-D57-DD613-E.jpg

The carbon zinc fuel cell completes the nostalgia

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
I wasn't quite as nostalgic, but took a nice walk tonightwith my SF M6. MN15 bulb a'la JS and a pair of 18650's powering it. It's a wonderful light. Throwy with great color temp. Happy NFD to my extended CPF family!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The irony is that UPS dropped off an order scheduled for Wednesday. A new model MagCharger in matte finish. 800+ lumens in a 2C sized flashlight. Reminds me of a modern day ROP light but fueled with LifePo4 technology instead of unprotected flat top 28650 hand grenades and lit by an LED instead of a nearly impossible to replace light bulb.

nbp

Flashaholic
Just went for a two hour hike with a buddy in the half frozen marsh/hunting grounds behind the house in the dark. Took my two newest lights, the Quark MKIII 16650 in slate blue and Acebeam T27, one in each hand, and had a BOSS 70 in my pocket just in case. The Quark has a fantastic white beam and outstanding flood with the new Nichia 319, which made it excellent for seeing what's underfoot for picking a path. The Acebeam is a throw monster and quick bursts on turbo helped us scope for places to scoot across the wet areas and creeks. Got a little wet anyways since we had two warmer days so things started to thaw, but had a lot of fun anyways. Happy NFD!