Need flashlight for walk to Mount Everest Base Camp

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you tell us what specifically does Mt Everest have to do with your flashlight selection? Are the laws of physics different there? Is there something different about the darkness there as opposed to say....walking up the local valley at night?

Altitude, dampness, low temperatures definitely no walk in the valley, lithium primaries all the way! :thumbsup:

Too much redundancy for my liking... ditch a few of those and get a quark AA with lithium batteries to complement your headlamp.

It's a 12 day journey - 11 nights. Assuming 12 hours of darkness each day, that's 132 hours of darkness. The majority of those 132 hours you'll be sleeping. The paclite's capacity for several hundred or even thousand hours of continuous lighting (depending on version and battery) is totally, absurdely and excessive overkill.

Perhaps but better to plan not to fail than fail to plan especially in regards to the potential of having to wait out a prolonged snow storm, I'd ditch a couple of those lights for a good SAK ;)

Batou00159

Enlightened
I also forgot to mention I will take a Princeton Tec Quad Tatical as a headband lamp in addition to others I mentioned.

Is that too many lights????

Weigh them on some accurate scales allong with the rest of the kit and determin yoursealf an acceptable weight that you could carry for long days of walking, And get some practice in too with simulated weights or even a little over the final amount incase you find somthing good while walking.

This dose include weighing all your clothes.

grams soon add up to pounds which add up to kg :eek:

p.s

What kind of backpack you gunna be using

p.s.p.s

keep all your batteries close to your body under at least your jacket and fleece even lithium p

Last edited:

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to many lights its going to impair your mobility.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait.

Did he say Proton Pro? That's a fine primary light.

The Arc is redundant with the Photon Freedom, though the Freedom's beacon mode might be nice to have I'd probably take the Arc.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it were me, I'd take the Quark Tactical 2AA.

The quark has a lovely beam and really low, low, a great UI and a very nice holster when you're not using it. It's lightweight, has great runtimes in the mid modes and fills all your criteria.

You're already taking the Pro, so stick with lithium AA's and you have more options on your trek.