Need help with C2 Centurion Authenticity..

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
I'm not familar with SF's C-series but i'm considering getting one. The online seller doesn't have pics of the light on hand but uses one of the pics online that only shows c2 centurion on one side. I had to ask what the serial number is and he told me it's "A99510 US PATENTS 5642923"

Any C2 owners here who can help me out?

mgscheue

Newly Enlightened
I'm not familar with SF's C-series but i'm considering getting one. The online seller doesn't have pics of the light on hand but uses one of the pics online that only shows c2 centurion on one side. I had to ask what the serial number is and he told me it's "A99510 US PATENTS 5642923"

That sounds about right. I have two C2s and the serial numbers are within a few thousand of that, though mine have four patent numbers, the first of which is 5642932. Perhaps the seller transposed the digits. I'm sure a real SF expert, of which there are many here, can help further.

Last edited:

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
That sounds about right. I have two C2s and the serial numbers are within a few thousand of that, though mine have four patent numbers, the first of which is 5642932. Perhaps the seller transposed the digits. I'm sure a real SF expert, of which there are many here, can help further.

If it's not any trouble, may i see pics of your C2s?

mgscheue

Newly Enlightened
Sorry but I'm not home right now to shoot any and I don't have any of my C2s. Need to shoot some one of these days... But yeah, lots of C2 pictures at those links.

Al_D

Newly Enlightened

He might simply be an ill-equipped seller but obviously you're being diligent. It's not much of an ask of someone who wants to do business with you to provide detailed photos of the actual light before you consider going forward.

Good luck!

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
He might simply be an ill-equipped seller but obviously you're being diligent. It's not much of an ask of someone who wants to do business with you to provide detailed photos of the actual light before you consider going forward.

Good luck!

His ad says that the units that he's selling are bnwob, but all of them have some scratches on the body due to transportation. I kept asking politely for him to show me actual pics but i dont know why he wouldn't. I only considered buying from him cause of the price. It's about 45usd converted from php which is very low here.

Al_D

Newly Enlightened
His ad says that the units that he's selling are bnwob, but all of them have some scratches on the body due to transportation. I kept asking politely for him to show me actual pics but i dont know why he wouldn't. I only considered buying from him cause of the price. It's about 45usd converted from php which is very low here.

That is an enticing deal. I, too, have been looking for a C2 and they tend to be sold off by people who know their stuff (at the prices they know they can charge). Whatever the reason he's not provided photos, I would give him the benefit of the doubt as it only costs you a few keystrokes and time to see whether or not he's on the level. At the end of it all, obviously if it works out, you've acquired quite a deal. That's my take on the details you've provided-- again, buwenas, Kamote!

elugelab

Newly Enlightened
45usd for the whole light is a very good price. I paid more than that, just for the body without the tailcap and the bezel.
I'd say go for it. Buy one and see what happens. If he's legit, buy them all! (That's what I'd do...)

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
That is an enticing deal. I, too, have been looking for a C2 and they tend to be sold off by people who know their stuff (at the prices they know they can charge). Whatever the reason he's not provided photos, I would give him the benefit of the doubt as it only costs you a few keystrokes and time to see whether or not he's on the level. At the end of it all, obviously if it works out, you've acquired quite a deal. That's my take on the details you've provided-- again, buwenas, Kamote!

Thanks! I'll meet up with the guy tom and see how it goes.

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
45usd for the whole light is a very good price. I paid more than that, just for the body without the tailcap and the bezel.
I'd say go for it. Buy one and see what happens. If he's legit, buy them all! (That's what I'd do...)

I was thinking of getting 2 if it's legit. I was already eyeing on an e1e or e2e which costs twice as much here when i saw the cheap c2. I figured i'd get the C2 first since it's half the price. One to keep in stock and the other would be for modding.

kamote-fries

Newly Enlightened
I finally saw the C2. The guy brought 2 so I can pick. After a few mins of checking the lights, he offered a price for both. Around 75 bucks for both lights!