• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-) (Taking Orders Again)

LeukTech

Newly Enlightened
Re: Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

Hey vinh, have another modding question.

Have you ever modded these two lights? Tried searching the thread but got no results.

Streamlight Keymate
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001WP7IM/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Streamlight Nano
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011UIPIW/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I believe they both use the same type of LED as the Arc AAA (whatever type that is, which is contained in a little bulb).

I picked up both last night from Amazon, and I am pretty sure they will have a very purple tint. And was throwing around the idea of sending one (or both, depending on the mod cost) along with my TX25C2 to get their emitters swapped with something nice and neutral.

I'll probably just send one if you think you can mod it, which would be the keymate one (which is bigger, and I think i may be able to fit a 10220 li-ion in it, which would save on battery costs).

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

I cant mod those.

Hey vinh, have another modding question.

Have you ever modded these two lights? Tried searching the thread but got no results.

Streamlight Keymate
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001WP7IM/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Streamlight Nano
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0011UIPIW/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I believe they both use the same type of LED as the Arc AAA (whatever type that is, which is contained in a little bulb).

I picked up both last night from Amazon, and I am pretty sure they will have a very purple tint. And was throwing around the idea of sending one (or both, depending on the mod cost) along with my TX25C2 to get their emitters swapped with something nice and neutral.

I'll probably just send one if you think you can mod it, which would be the keymate one (which is bigger, and I think i may be able to fit a 10220 li-ion in it, which would save on battery costs).

Lomandor

Enlightened

I had the SX25L3 before sending it to Vinh to be modded. I ran it on Eagletac 3400s before. After the mod, it won't run on high with the Eagletac cells.

Further use has indicated it doesn't work well with the Fasttech cells either. It has to warm up, physically, in order for high and turbo to work. However, my Soshine 3400s (also Panasonic cells inside) seem to be running just fine, at all levels.

Funny thing. Eagletac, Fasttech and Soshine are all Panasonic inside...yet they are all three different lengths and diameters.

Could that be an indication that the Eagletac cells you have might be on its last leg?

The different size that you see with the rebranded Panasonic cells should be the different protection circuits uses by different companies.

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast

Could that be an indication that the Eagletac cells you have might be on its last leg?

The different size that you see with the rebranded Panasonic cells should be the different protection circuits uses by different companies.

Definitively different protection circuits.
I have redilast 3400s that won't power the t60cs vinh modded for me on its highest setting fresh off the charger and are all are less than half a year old.
When I used 6 primary cells to test it, I was surprised that there was a higher high mode and after testing, a set of generic panasonic 3400s I got off of ebay were able to power it.

mattc941

Newly Enlightened

I'm looking into a weapon light project.....

here are some ideas/specs that I would prefer (not set in stone, but ideas)

Atleast 1000+ lumens

Adjustable beam from spot to flood (telescopic?)
Preferable to flood then throw so maybe leave domed.

Pressure switch available

Acceptable size to be mounted with a universal mount

Prefer 18650's.

1 click on Turbo (high)

Any other ideas?

bluemax_1

Enlightened

I'm looking into a weapon light project.....

here are some ideas/specs that I would prefer (not set in stone, but ideas)

Atleast 1000+ lumens

Adjustable beam from spot to flood (telescopic?)
Preferable to flood then throw so maybe leave domed.

Pressure switch available

Acceptable size to be mounted with a universal mount

Prefer 18650's.

1 click on Turbo (high)

Any other ideas?

Fully potted light engine to protect against recoil shock.
Get a host with a battery compartment that's sprung on both ends so the light doesn't cutout or suffer damage from recoil.

Max

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened
Re: vinhnguyen54 Need Modded Work? 2013 ;-)

Dedome is reliable thus far.

2A is 2A. Not very bright.

$50 for this mod. You only want single mode? Because the original K3 driver can be modded to push more amp and it can take 2 18650.
Yes, I just like single mode on a tactical light. I'm guessing that the K3 can't be set up in single mode.

DMS1970

Enlightened

Just got my modded/de-domed EagleTAC SX25L3 back in the mail. Wow! I love this thing now, and I really liked it before. Tint is fantastic, and the hot spot is just right for me. It's similar to an XML in a 2x18650 thrower. Spill is still huge and bright as well. It's the perfect combination of flood and throw. I wholeheartedly recommend this to anyone with an SX25L3. You will not be disappointed. I can't wait til dark now.....:D

is is this the XML 2 or the MT-G2? Just curious if your bumping up from 2750 or 1500 lumens...

kengps

Flashlight Enthusiast

Wayne, sorry if I asked this before (and forgot :)) Can you do more for the T60CS than what you did before? You replaced the LED's with XM-L2's and I'm guessing a liitle less resistance in springs, wiring, etc. But can you boost it more than that? The Eye40 is just too clunky for me. Plus it's a Jetbeam, and I won't touch anything they make. I would like to see a 50% increase in output. That would make it about 3700-4000 OTF.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Wayne, sorry if I asked this before (and forgot :)) Can you do more for the T60CS than what you did before? You replaced the LED's with XM-L2's and I'm guessing a liitle less resistance in springs, wiring, etc. But can you boost it more than that? The Eye40 is just too clunky for me. Plus it's a Jetbeam, and I won't touch anything they make. I would like to see a 50% increase in output. That would make it about 3700-4000 OTF.

I already doen the boost. Anymore boost and you will start to loose modes. I always try to boost as much as I can without loosing UI.

AmperSand

Enlightened
Vinh: in the C21Cvn thread you mentioned getting the D20A in to test for modability. Not sure if this is feasible, but a lot of manufacturers tend to reuse reflectors in different designs. Hoping the D20A uses a similar reflector to the V11R/M11R/V10R XML. I say this because I have a spare V10A xpg head I would like to use the reflector out of to do an xpg2 mod into the D20A if I it does indeed fit.
If not I will just go ahead with whatever you have planned for this one when and if you release it and maybe save a few months and try for an xpg2 V11R with said reflector.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

Vinh: in the C21Cvn thread you mentioned getting the D20A in to test for modability. Not sure if this is feasible, but a lot of manufacturers tend to reuse reflectors in different designs. Hoping the D20A uses a similar reflector to the V11R/M11R/V10R XML. I say this because I have a spare V10A xpg head I would like to use the reflector out of to do an xpg2 mod into the D20A if I it does indeed fit.
If not I will just go ahead with whatever you have planned for this one when and if you release it and maybe save a few months and try for an xpg2 V11R with said reflector.

:) Will do

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
Sending Nitecore EC25......

Vihn,
I am mailing my Nitecore EC25 to be modded with a XM-L2 2900K LED which I have enclosed (in the box with the light). I am enjoying the other lights you have modded for me !

Thanks
Valmet62

Last edited:

Mike Docherty

Newly Enlightened

I can make the K3 single mode if you want.

That makes it a harder choice! Solarforce says that the M3 is specifically focused for long range and is 750 lumens. The K3 is listed as being set up for medium-long range but packs 1500 lumens. If they were both modified to single mode with all your other improvements, which would be the better thrower?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened

That makes it a harder choice! Solarforce says that the M3 is specifically focused for long range and is 750 lumens. The K3 is listed as being set up for medium-long range but packs 1500 lumens. If they were both modified to single mode with all your other improvements, which would be the better thrower?

K3 is a much better thrower.

InfinitusEquitas

Flashlight Enthusiast

The S6330 is ~ 2,700 L, super compact (less than 4" long) and I love mine (Just got it yesterday). :D

The Raging's beam angle is wide, its a total flooder. (5 small diameter shallow reflectors, with XML2's...)

The S6330 uses XMLu3's unless they updated the flashlight. I wish we could have xml2t6 in there. My ongoing request to Vingh is if he ever figures out a way to swap out LEDs, and bump current on HIGH only on the s6330 to do it for me right away.

Latest posts