Need options for: 1X CR123 EDC light

Dlight

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I went for it! Should have it in a week or so! I got the newest XM-L2 U2 emmitter. I'm pretty sure these are rated to take li-ions. The guy I ordered from says that he has only tried them with the eagletac 16340/RCR123A batteries, and they seem to work as they should, without loss of modes! Has anybody tried them with the nitecore batteries?? Do they keep all modes?

Simplespeed

Newly Enlightened
Ok, I went for it! Should have it in a week or so! I got the newest XM-L2 U2 emmitter. I'm pretty sure these are rated to take li-ions. The guy I ordered from says that he has only tried them with the eagletac 16340/RCR123A batteries, and they seem to work as they should, without loss of modes! Has anybody tried them with the nitecore batteries?? Do they keep all modes?

Cool, let us know what you think when you get it. Eagletacs site says 750 lumens with a rcr123, how true do you think that is? I mean I guess it doesnt really matter to me but it would be cool to know how close it really is. Not sure what batteries I have but it is a protected rcr123 3.7v 750mAh and all modes work and turbo is pretty insane for the size of this light.

Dlight

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that's good to know! I'm not sure if thats exactly accurate, but if so, 750lm for a 1X CR123 light is insane! I'm actually thinking of trying the Tenergy RCR123A LiFeP04 rechargeables in it. Theyre 3.0v so hopefully wouldn't sacrifice run times and have less heat issues. Anybody using these? Input...

Spazhead

Newly Enlightened
how about the Xtar WK21. 500lm and available for $35. I have one on my key chain.

gkbain

Newly Enlightened
Just got the Nitecore mt1c and the jetbeam bc10 to compare. In turbo mode I can't tell much difference. Seems the mt1c has a little more throw since it has a smooth reflector where the bc10 is orange peel. The bc10 a little more spill. The Nitecore has multifunctions where the Jetbeam only has low when the head is loosened. I like the Nitecore over the Jetbeam because of the anti roll hex band on the head and don't have to use the clip for anti roll like on the Jetbeam. Going to gift the Jetbeam.