Need to upgrade MDC

weezy

Newly Enlightened
I have had my MDC lmh 4000k for about 4-5 years. I used to carry it all the time but it is no longer meeting my needs. I am trying to figure which head I am looking for. I need it to come on high, option to use Li-ion and not SHO (prefer to come on high).

It is probably one of my favorite lights. I am a Correction Officer and use for work and general carry. I have an MD2 but it is too big to poclet carry.

Last edited:

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unfortunately that is where Malkoff is lacking in the "high on first click" MDC lights. There is only one and not li-ion available. Have you looked into the bodyguard V1 head? Always comes on in high and then a stepdown to around 175 lumens after seconds, I'm not a fan but it may work for you.

If you want high in first click, I would look into the Surefire E2D defender (1000/5 lumen) and run a 16650 rechargeable battery in place of two CR123s. Another option is the E1B Backup from Surefire. 400/5 lumen. Always comes on in high mode first and can run either a CR123 or 16340 rechargeable li-ion

Last edited:

weezy

Newly Enlightened
I gave my daugther my G2X Pro when she told me she saw two coyotes the other night. I want to stick with the 18350/16340 size light, which is my favorite. I have a Laulima Ion (which has to go back for repair) but I love the output and milling, but it is too expensive to play with at work.

Maybe I will look at the E1B again. Haven't checked into Surefire since finding all these other great brands.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had my MDC lmh 4000k for about 4-5 years. I used to carry it all the time but it is no longer meeting my needs. I am trying to figure which head I am looking for. I need it to come on high, option to use Li-ion and not SHO (prefer to come on high).

It is probably one of my favorite lights. I am a Correction Officer and use for work and general carry. I have an MD2 but it is too big to poclet carry.
I'm not very familiar w/ the MDC, and am not sure in what way it's no longer meeting your needs either, but can say that one of my most used / liked 1xCR123A /16340 lights that comes on in 'Hi' is the Elzetta Alpha Gen3. Is that in the category of what you're looking for? If so, I can recommend it as a serious candidate in its category.

md17

Enlightened
Theres 1 five mega md1 body left under this thread…

I would suggest that body with the regular Md tailcap, thrym LPC clip, and an m91bn with a crenulated bezel. While you won't get full output of the m91, it's still just as bright, if not brighter than an m61 and with the hi/low switch, you'll be able to control the "on" brightness. I believe you'll get about 30 minutes of high output with an 18350.

Attachments

• IMG_7532.jpeg
    IMG_7532.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 26