New 1 watt luxeon at Big 5

StoneDog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Torcher, any idea if a "C" batter will fit in place of the battery holder? (Yeah, I know it won't work, I just want to know if it will fit) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jon

torcher

Newly Enlightened
Negative on the c battery . It won't clear the threads .
The quality is unbelievable at this price point . It has
the weight and feel of polished titanium . It looks like a
Pelican M6 but has the AAA battery pack . The reflector is doing a great job and it out throws my CMG Reactor 2 by many
yards . Some may think It's large but I like the size of it.
It's like carrying a 6P , but I don't know of the run time yet . On sale at Big 5 but I couldn't find any info on the
web about it .Went back and P.U. one for my cousin for a gift though . I'm working nights but I'll try and post some
beam pics late late late in the eve .

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
thats a Nuwai (spelling?) light. There are a bunch of lights that Nuwai makes and other brands sell under their name.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
The flashlight in question appears to be a Nuwai ALX-313A . I'm hoping that the Big 5s in the Seattle area are stocking this one as it looks like a good home for a Luxeon III. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif By the way, is it regulated?

Dan

Zephyr

Enlightened
I just went to my local Big 5 today and they told me that it's not on sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Regular price is $49.95.

NightStorm

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Zephyr said:
I just went to my local Big 5 today and they told me that it's not on sale /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Regular price is $49.95.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. They are in stock at the Ballard Big 5 here in Seattle, but they are no longer on sale. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif It seems to me that $50 is a little too much for a AAA flashlight (particularly since Big 5 probably buys them for $7 each). I'll keep an eye open for the next sale and at this time of the year, that'll be next Wednesday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Later.

Dan

P.S. I don't have a lot of confidence in the AAAs being able to drive a Luxeon III at spec. This light might be modified to use 2-3 CR2s. If I score one, I'll keep the forum apprised.