NEW!! 300mW Green & 40mW Blue handheld lasers are out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll tell you what my feelings are - I don't like to wait for shipping. Regardless. I automatically hesitate more the farther the buyer -or- seller is from me. I still remember the first time I bought from someone outside the US, back when the QIII came out. I was on pins and needles until they came, and I took them out, and I played with them. I've since ordered from a few people outside the US and haven't had any problems, and I've sent things to other countries and it's been okay. I still worry, though. I've never had any dealings with WL, but I've heard stuff from people not getting what they paid for to not getting anything at all, for who knows what reason. It's not about lasers to me, there's plenty of other companies that I wouldn't order from too - there's lots of B&M stores in my community that I won't visit, too. But I'm not the type to order the best product for the least amount of money, I want the best DEAL, which might be signifigantly more expensive than the less expensive competitors. It's not a single-factor thing, not to me. I'll pay more for excellent CS. I let my dollar speak for me..

imbolc

Newly Enlightened
Either the server wasn't working or my latest post was moderated out. In any case I'm out of this thread because I have no intention of adding to arguement!

jellyfish414

Newly Enlightened
EGP said:
Ï see. In that case, would you care to elaborate on why you're only pecking on WL and not the other vendors selling illegal class IIIb lasers ?

Note to Bernhard: Sorry about continuing this discussion, but I felt the reply from Jellyfish required an answer.

Regards,
Erling

Who else sells illegal IIIb lasers? From the sites I see (laserglow, optotronics, northern optics) they all have the safety locks etc that are required. Plus, WL and their followers keep insisting they're legal - which they're not.

I'm here mostly for the argument man :bumpit:

nero_design

Enlightened
jellyfish414 said:
I'm here mostly for the argument man :bumpit:

Actually, I think you have a crush on me.

Why else would you go to such lengths to get my attention each and every day.

/must be love.

PS. I'm married. Sorry to disappoint you.

/Wife thinks lasers are boring.

EGP

Newly Enlightened
jellyfish414 said:
Who else sells illegal IIIb lasers? From the sites I see (laserglow, optotronics, northern optics) they all have the safety locks etc that are required

Well, you seem quite adept at digging out information when needed, so I suggest you look around a bit more in this forum and greenlasers.co.uk - you may be surprised at what you find....

I'll give you one tip to make things easier: "CandlePowerForum Special".

Regards,
Erling

Athoul

Enlightened
About the stability, Wicked released a graph of one of their 200mW Spyders. While it does show an initial spike for a fraction of a second, the majority of the 17 minute test showed the beam stable as a rock at just over 200mW(assuming 1024 seconds).

Thought this might be of some use to those of you who wondered about the stability, earlier on in this thread.

comozo

Enlightened
C'mon guys let's take this WL argument to C's & J's so we can point out why WL specifically and always raises the ire of most everyone. WL states on their site that they comply with strict government regulations and laws in the U.S. that's were one of the problems starts. I'll start the thread.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
imbolc ... no post of yours was removed or moderated, but I do see a previous post from you in this thread. You might wanna check again.

And I think this thread is trashed and this discussion needs to take place elsewhere (in the proper thread and form, mind you).

bernhard

Status
Not open for further replies.