New AA Mod option * PICS added!!!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by ChrisM:
hmmm...that doesn't sound good. Besides, is it even possible for ANY bulb to have that long of a life?

Has anyone tried contacting the manufacturer directly about this?

[update]I just called Garrity and spoke with a lady in Customer Service. It sounded like she had NO IDEA this light even existed let alone how to get the bulb out. So, I sent her an email with a link to this topic so she could see the pictures. She said she or someone would get back to me to tell me how to replace the bulb.

Who knows, maybe we'll get another manufacturer as a member here.
smile.gif

[/update]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well cool!

While the beam itself "sucks" (sorry, no nice way to say this!) the physical light is very nice, and the tailcap is perfect, EXCEPT for the fact that the "momentary on" feature is backwards. In other words, you have to turn on the light first, then you can blink it on and off.

It should be the opposite way.

Hopefully, garrity will read this!

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by brightnorm:
Remarkable price for the quality but much too long for a 2AA.

Brightnorm
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have, in front of me, the Legend AA, Garrity AA, and a stock mini-mag, and the Legend is the tallest, then the Garrity, then the mini-mag.

The Garrity is about an inch shorter than the Legend AA, and about a quarter inch taller than the mini-mag.

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Hey guys, I found a great use for the rubber finger grip handle. It fits PERFECTLY on the Legend LX and looks very nice.
John

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Here is another little known fact about the original AA Garrity, remove the plastic AA battery holder and 3 123 batteries will fit inside the case, sometimes a little burr might be left over from the milling but now you have a 9V flashlight.Its a fair candidate for the 5 watt luxeon mod.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
So it's like those miniature flange base light bulbs that you see in Tektite's incandescents, with a small flange near the bottom of the bulb base, instead of the wide flange at the top like a PR bulb?

Guess I'd better get out the camera again.
blush.gif

fbulb.jpg