"New" Brinkmann Lithium/Xenon at Academy?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
\"New\" Brinkmann Lithium/Xenon at Academy?

I picked up a new Brinkmann Maxfire 2L light at Academy tonight.

It is similar in concept to the LX. It looks more like a G2 than the LX. It has a smaller diameter head (and I suppose reflector - which is pretty deep for its diam) and a momentary-on-off tailcap switch. It has a rubber cover like the LX on the body and a rubber ring around the back part of the head, with anti roll bumps around it.

It makes a nice bright spot/flood with soft edges and decent spill. There are a couple rings, and artifacts from the head around the outside.

I'm going to have to get the rubber off the body to see how it looks, and so it wont grab in the Garrity holster I use.

Edit: It looks HOKEY without the rubber! But it DOES go in and out of the garrity holster.... :Edit

I also looked at a 4.8V rechargable Maxfire at 26 dollars and change. It has a battery stick made of some form of sub AA, which must be removed from the light to charge in an external cradle. I'll probably try that one when I can afford to!

Oh! The Maxfire 2L was $19.99 + tax. Academy gets $22.99 + tax for the LX. Something of a bargain in a decent light (if only for glovebox duty even).

tater_salad

Newly Enlightened
Re: \"New\" Brinkmann Lithium/Xenon at Academy?

I plan on checking these out this week.