• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Extreme III F/S with non-recall Rebel emitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:Extreme III custom 1 x AAA light.

I am curious if this is true? Does this share the LiteFlux UI (which I find beyond my comprehension)?

No need to do anything more than twist it a bit for low and a bit more more more light if that is all you are comfortable with. If you decide you are ready to use more features then they are there...

gunga

Flashaholic

The UI is easy. The programming, not hard, but a pain (on the Liteflux) at times.

My issue was with the liteflux 2 stage switch. I found it a bit flaky at times and it wasn't adjustable on the LF2. However, this is not the Liteflux, so this may not apply.

Also, many others had no problems with the liteflux, so YMMV.

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

LED Zeppelin: Thank you for the post.

Will be shipping out to the following:
Goatee
Kenster
Russki
billybright

The following comparasions were performed by a member on another forum. This is NOT a bashing of the LF2. For the price the LF2 is an excellent light, the Extreme III is a custom light MADE in small numbers. There are some similarities as well as differences. From talking to the member at the other forum, mentioned that he had no other light to make comparasions since he liked all three lights and they were at the core of his collection.

"LiteFlux Cree, Extreme III with the Rebel, and the LiteFlux SSC are run on high until one light remains. The Cree quits first followed by the SSC. The Rebel wins. The camera was set for 20 minute exposure".

exiiiruntimejpgwr5.jpg

ARC mania

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not a fan of complex UIs, so I just use it in the basic lo-hi mode.

One noteable difference between the LF and the Ex III that I forgot to mention is the lantern cap. With the (2) LF I own, the lantern cap replaces the head by unscrewing the bezel. This works fine, but does expose the LED to the elements during the changeover, and you are left with the loose head which could get lost.

The Ex III lantern cap simply snaps over the head with a friction fit, much simpler.

marcspar

Enlightened

Mike,

I just wanted to make sure that you did receive my paypal as I don't see my name on the list you just posted of units to be shipped....

All the best,

Marc

qarawol

Enlightened

I too am not knocking the LF2 for I had both the Cree and SSC P4.

Another BIG difference is the knurling on the head. It is on the threaded part that screws on to the body and when you turn it, it turns the switch and not the front lens portion.

Also, I had a chance to compare the two side by side and the output of the Extreme III with Rebel blew the LF2's away.

I was fortunate enough to acquire two previous prototypes and the finished version. To see the Extreme III evolve is amazing. The HA finish is unmatched.

Here is a link to what I did to one of my EDC Ex III's… https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/181389

Looks like I need another for permanent belt buckle carry.

Njoy…

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sorry for the late update. Yes, I still have stock and when I have under 10pcs left, I will post. Please, I ask time and again to include your CPF name in your payment. Heres the new list which will ship in a couple days:

marcspar
elnino
Roboholic
Verbalk
Starfiretoo

ARC mania

Last edited:

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Mike,
:paypal: yesterday. I can't remember if i put in my CPF name:confused:

-Brian

Sorry for the late update. Yes, I still have stock and when I have under 10pcs left, I will post. Please, I ask time and again to include your CPF name in your payment. Heres the new list which will ship in a couple days:

BS (don't have your CPF name)

ARC mania

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can anyone tell me how many of these are available.....:sigh:

Honestly... It says they are available and he has said he would post when stock reaches 10 available. Beyond that what is the need to know how many he has?

Not trying to attack I am just at a loss as to why so many have asked with it saying available right in the 1st post.

Groundhog66

Banned

Honestly... It says they are available and he has said he would post when stock reaches 10 available. Beyond that what is the need to know how many he has?

Not trying to attack I am just at a loss as to why so many have asked with it saying available right in the 1st post.

Because availability can dictate price sometimes, fewer produced USUALLY means a bit higher price. It also dictates how quickly someone should plan to have funds readily available if they REALLY want one, Availability can also tell you what your chances are in picking one up in the secondary market if you would prefer to go that way............Do you need any more examples to satisfy you, I am sure I can come up with more.

Tim

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast

Because availability can dictate price sometimes, fewer produced USUALLY means a bit higher price. It also dictates how quickly someone should plan to have funds readily available if they REALLY want one, Availability can also tell you what your chances are in picking one up in the secondary market if you would prefer to go that way............Do you need any more examples to satisfy you, I am sure I can come up with more.

Tim

I disagree

I think the maker has the right to say "they are available". He does not have to quantify how many. :thumbsup:

Groundhog66

Banned

I disagree

I think the maker has the right to say "they are available". He does not have to quantify how many. :thumbsup:

I NEVER said he had to divulge how many were available, I was merely answering the inquiry as to WHY people MAY be curious as to how many are actually available. You might want to re-read the previous posts in this case.

:thumbsup:

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply GH, I never expect any value out of a light beyond its value as a tool. Guess everyone has their own point of view. Cheers.

Burgess

Flashaholic

"Supplies are Limited. Act Now !"

:wave:
_

Status
Not open for further replies.