• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired New Extreme III F/S with non-recall Rebel emitters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS:Extreme III custom 1 x AAA light.

Mine came in the mail today:thanks:

Sorry for the late update. Yes, I still have stock and when I have under 10pcs left, I will post. Please, I ask time and again to include your CPF name in your payment. Heres the new list which will ship in a couple days:

Starfiretoo

ARC mania

sorgun

Newly Enlightened

:twothumbs Mine arrived last friday, and it is just great. Nice to be able to enjoy the work of a true professional.:thanks:

Gunnar

Rob187

Enlightened

Arc Mania

Got my Extreme III in the post today. It's beautiful light and thanks for the fast shipping. Can't wait to try it on a 10440.

Just one question - can you point me in the direction of some instructions for the UI please?

Rob

white light

Enlightened

:twothumbs IF thier is one left I'll take it.Please let me know.Thank you

X_Marine

Enlightened

:paypal: and another on the way, almost forgot someone very important that will surely appreciate this little beauty.

So for the record 2x Extreme III's please.

I added a little for insurance not being sure if that's included with EMS. Please let me know if that is sufficient.

Many thanks Mike, looks like it's outta the park!.. :thumbsup:
X/BillyD..

And Kenster, I can't wait to meet, you da man.. :twothumbs

Russki

Enlightened

I got the light yesterday. It's a nice piece. Now, I can't seem to get anything to happen at all when attempting to follow those instructions. Any tips to jump-start my experience here? It all reads easy enough but no response from the light....

Later,
HB

Here is the tip.
You have to make turns really fast, it will respond.
I have to mention that UI is more complicated then HDS, Novatac or Flupick.
But light is great :thumbsup:

heckboy

Enlightened

Here is the tip.
You have to make turns really fast, it will respond.
I have to mention that UI is more complicated then HDS, Novatac or Flupick.
But light is great :thumbsup:

Got it. FAST is the key! Now I'm having fun.

Thanks,
HB

Burgess

Flashaholic

Hope this fine flashlight won't be affected by the "Rebel recall".

:candle:

Edited to add: Nope, no problem. Thank you, ArcMania, for quickly clearing this up. :clap:
_

Last edited:

ARC mania

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rob187: No recall on the LED's of the Extreme III. Each one has been tested prior to shipping to assure proper working order. Also during assembly, the VF of the LED has been matched to the converter via the UI for higher efficiency. So in other words each light has been tested twice. The functions need a bit of getting used to as most of us are used to the "loosen is OFF" method, Extreme III is the opposite. I have noticed that some members have mistakenly changed the brightness of P1 and if you are having a difficult time push the tail of the battery barrel 10 times with your thumb while holding the knurled part of the head between your forefinger and middle finger. The Extreme III will reset and go back to its default setting which is the way it was sent to its owners.

Burgess: What happened?

Everyone's Extreme III's have shipped except for HVAC. Please get back to me with your shipping address.

Here is a link to a video of the LF2 whcih has the same UI as the Extreme III. I am trying to illuminate some of the confusion with the Extreme III's functions:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE9r75bQgv8

Here is a runtime graph of the Extreme III made by belyo:

em3runtime01es9.gif

ARC mania

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic

Thank you, ArcMania, for your info. :thumbsup:

When i saw (late last night) the thread on the "Rebel recall", i must say that i feared the worst. :candle:

Shoulda' known that you'd check everything out extensively, prior to shipping. :thumbsup:

Would really like one of these fine flashlights,
but simply cannot afford it. :broke:

Good luck in your future endeavors, Michael.

You always come up with such wonderful creations. :bow:

I'll be watching !

:popcorn:
_

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast

Rob187: No recall on the LED's of the Extreme III. Each one has been tested prior to shipping to assure proper working order.

Sorry to be a pain, but this looks like this could be a real problem. Take a look at the sticky.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/186488&highlight=recall

According to the recall notice, the leds will work fine initially, but may degrade much faster than they should due to a manufacturing defect. (Rumor is a ~24 hour life.) I'm sure you did a great job testing and putting together the lights - I have one and it is really well built. The problem is the problem Leds would look ok at first but may die an untimely death. See the comment from the recall notice:
Situation:
We have identified a batch of non-conforming epoxy material used in the production of LUXEON Rebel (with TFFC) and LUXEON K2 with TFFC products manufactured from WW0744 to WW0802. This non-conforming epoxy material has the potential to cause the TFFC die to crack and fail during short-term operation. We have seen a failure rate that exceeds our specifications and, subject to the provisions of Philips Lumileds Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale or any executed sales agreement, are taking the necessary steps to resolve this issue.
I think it is fair to ask: Are the Rebels in any of the batches subject to recall? On the sticky, McGizmo mentioned receiving 250 mounted Rebels that he thinks are affected. Is there a possibility these are affected?

There was a long list of lot numbers on the sticky of Rebel batches that are affected. The problem ones have date codes WW0744 to WW0802.

Hoping for the best...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts