NEW Fenix TK11 XP-G R5 and TK12 XP-G R5 - 18650 - 285 Lumens

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
no beam shots yet? I wonder if the s2 is coming next and wonder what the lumens would be maybe 360. thats the tk i want.

Did you transpose the 6 and the 0?
Because on a pure drag and drop upgrade, an S2 should only increase output to about 302 lumens, and maybe an extra 1% for reduced heat.

Unless Fenix decides to drive it harder.

tango44

Enlightened
So, any reviews or beam shots, 285 lumens it's really making me to have one.
I'm very happy with my TK10 and 11 but will love to see the R5 model in person.

SemperFi

Banned
I've just ordered the TK12 R5 seeing it isn't even considered just yet with my regular Vendor, I successfully found another which offered and that includes International delivery, to be costing slightly lesser after all than the recent purchase of one PD30 R4, which I have now own 3 pcs in total within 9 days of having interest in this model too.

Regarding the TK12 R5, I look forward to testing it to see what an improvement it is as opposed to the T1 which was my very first EDC. They appear in appearance, almost of the same size, length and the reflector head as well... now is to see how enhance the throw and spill it will display. I expect the delivery to be early or coming midweek, enjoy yr weekend.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

SemperFi

Banned
I placed my order on 47 for the TK11 R5, still back ordered :(

You are probably known for reselling the other 40-odd TK11 R5, once they are delivered. Could it be a deliberate attempt to first secure & stabilize overall sales target by Canadian Distributor with retailers for suspecting you in causing their fears regarding disproportionate sale prices?:rolleyes:

Try ordering one and test their speedy response.... worth to see if the litmus does prove the suspicion gathering pace while stagnating back order pursues?:thumbsup:

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
Will this out throw the Eagletacs? I'm looking for the 18650 king of throw?

Corvette6769

Newly Enlightened
Central Illinois USA, In a van down by the river
Will this out throw the Eagletacs? I'm looking for the 18650 king of throw?
My guess is NO!

I base this on the fact that Fenix has always fallen short of EagleTac in terms of performance - my EagleTac T100C2 puts my Fenix TK10 to shame for both throw and overall light output.

Most likely the EagleTac P20C2 and T20C2 MKII XP-G R5 will run circles around the TK11 XP-G R5 and TK12 XP-G R5.

While according to history it is unlikely, we can only hope that now that the TK is 18650 powered, Fenix may drive the LED harder and catch up to EagleTac performance (now that runtime is no longer such a concern with 18650 power, Fenix may come closer to driving the LED to its full potential).

EagleTac is the one to beat for throw due to their superior reflector design.

I am waiting a while for this all to shake out in hopes that either Fenix, EagleTac, or some other quality manufacturer will install the Cree XPG S2-bin (493-520 lm @ 1.5A) since the S2 flux bin provides up to 400 lumens at 1A - http://www.cree.com/press/press_detail.asp?i=1254314703656

recDNA

Flashaholic
Now I see why everyone keeps talking about the S2. Simple - they have to sell most of the R4 and R5's first. Otherwise why would anyone buy an R5 with the S2 available?

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat, I wonder what the drive levels are. I'd be happy to see a light this size with a multi mode buck circuit with a high setting near 1.5 amps using an XP-G.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
My guess is NO!
So I probably shouldn't have ordered a TK11 immediately after posting that question? You're saying I could have waited for a response? And that I might have "Jumped The Gun."? Interesting! :thinking:

ToNIX

Enlightened
So I probably shouldn't have ordered a TK11 immediately after posting that question? You're saying I could have waited for a response? And that I might have "Jumped The Gun."? Interesting! :thinking:

Shouldn't? I don't know. The Eagletac will outhrow the TK11 by a little bit, I'm sure of this. It's beam will also be nicer than the TK11.

But... to me, the TK11 is a real tank, it seems to be much more reliable/though than the Eagletac. Am I wrong? Probably, but only time will tell.

And honestly, I love the TK11 design! It's better looking that Eagletac IMHO.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
The TK11 has better regulation than the T20C2, mine does 3:12 with a single 18650 without changes in output. Low is 18 hours+

recDNA

Flashaholic
Discussing Fenix and Eagletac we're talking really good lights by really good companies. If they were made in America they'd cost twice as much (at least) and have legions of ardent supporters. IMO you really can't go wrong with either brand. I've never been disappointed by any Fenix or Eagletac I've purchased.

Misan

Newly Enlightened
It looks like they used almost the same beamshot as for the TK11 R2. It might look different in the real world. There is also no dark hole inside the hotspot on these beamshots. The hotspot is uniform.

Oops monkeyboy was faster :D
A few days ago, tested a simple chinese UniqueFire R5. At a distance of up to 0,3 m beam is almost like as the image at the Fenix, but at a distance of 0,5-0,7 m hotspot disappears, turning into a large diffuse spot.

SemperFi

Banned
Certainly a pragmatic business analogy related to overall production costs and R&D spent and now...wait & see if all listed stocks have been released to Retailers, Distributors and the likes will the green light be given for Pre-Order Sales .... thats how it works... but that may take another few more months if third world countries, unaware of the rapid hype and interests surging by them would reflect the Sales front by the Western fast pave demands like you and me are anxiously waiting on the side.... :sssh:

Last edited:

Corvette6769

Newly Enlightened
Central Illinois USA, In a van down by the river
The TK11 has better regulation than the T20C2, mine does 3:12 with a single 18650 without changes in output. Low is 18 hours+

Personally I would rather trade a little runtime for ultimate performance (especially in potential life or death situations) since it is simple enough to carry a spare 18650 and have both.

Like most typical flashlight users, I use mine frequently but for short durations and have never continuously used any of my flashlights (including my 2x CR123 models) long enough to run out of power.

Another advantage to having a spare 18650 is if one ever fails, you have a spare (like a dual engine F-22 Raptor or F/A-18 Super Hornet vs. a single engine F-16).