new Jeff Hanko Ti Twisted Trident, Stonewashed.

Ladd

Enlightened
Looks like a worthy replacement for Mac's Tri EDC. With a twist. I wonder if this will become a cult object.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for this thread ChipWillis! :)

What are the differences between the two lights you posted? One has the tear drop on the head drop all the way down to the base of the head. The other has an un-machined section at the base of the head (good for those that want trits).

Gretsch308

Newly Enlightened
I really cannot wait to get mine. I would also like to add that dealing with egrep and EDC Knives is an absolute pleasure.

egrep

Enlightened
Is this a limited run?

This is not a limited run. There will be more of these lights made to satisfy demand. Customization however can make each light unique. Any pattern of GTLS vials can be installed, you could even write letters if you can source the correct sizes of luminous devices! Jeff can work magic in those spaces! Also, engraving is a great way to customize. Artists like Tom Ferry and Panja Pojiew are great choices for this work. Jeff can also do inlay work with Mother of Pearl and other materials!

Thanks for asking and thank you for your kind words and support for Jeff's amazing work! :)

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
What are the differences between the two lights you posted? One has the tear drop on the head drop all the way down to the base of the head. The other has an un-machined section at the base of the head (good for those that want trits).

Ditto

MOP inlay! Wow, thought provoking to say the least. Perhaps some ivory inlay??

And

egrep

Enlightened
Ditto

MOP inlay! Wow, thought provoking to say the least. Perhaps some ivory inlay

Jeff is very skilled with inlay work. I have a V10R body (need a head, XP-G sized) with MOP instead of tritium. MOP pending for the eswitch button. If you can source the ivory, Jeff will do it!

The prototype light was made without the thicker lip because it was known that no further customization was desired there. The production model provides a platform for additional modification to customize the light uniquely while reducing the initial cost of ownership. Inlays, engraving and complex patterns of luminous devices are some ways to make your T3 one of a kind.

For a small surcharge Jeff will do custom designs for slotting, within some bounds of simplicity. For more cost, Jeff will explore more complex designs with you. You could use multiple sized vials to achieve different patterns. |-| /\/\ and such patterns are simple for instance. Lettering patterns are even possible with the right sized vials, but are in the complex range of course.

I really cannot wait to get mine. I would also like to add that dealing with egrep and EDC Knives is an absolute pleasure.

Thank you, you're very kind. We value your business and share your appreciation of Jeff and his art!

Last edited:

egrep

Enlightened
I meant the circuit, which is not on a noctigon. Speaking of which, would a Nichia 219 be an option?

Ah, sorry. I'm doing ten things here. Confused this thread with a LED change order that I was working on. Sorry! :)

Speaking of which, yes a Nichia 219 would work out fine. The extra heat they generate would be handled well by the design.

egrep

Enlightened
And changing the circuit. Can we do that or is it best to send you one to install?

Thank you for asking!

Jeff says it's easy enough. But then, Jeff says the same thing about 16 element 3D tails too. ;)

I'm just a software engineer, so I'll let you decide! Replacement with a compatible, user supplied circuit is something Jeff would be happy to do for you.

recDNA

Flashaholic
I prefer 18350 however I would never spend that much money on a flashlight.

moshow9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ordered and awaiting eagerly. I will echo that dealing both with Duane from EDCKnives and JG from HankoMachineWorks has been an absolute pleasure.

There was a sweet Hanko Ti LF2XT listed recently but was a bit out of my price range. Was a bit bummed but this makes an excellent consolation prize. My first Hanko too so I am very excited to see Jeff's work firsthand. :)

Last edited:

oneinthaair

Enlightened
Are the prototypes available for sale? I really like that the tear drops that go all the way down.

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are the prototypes available for sale? I really like that the tear drops that go all the way down.
I agree they look amazing. It looks like they are very willing to do custom work so I'm sure they would, maybe a little more $ since it's not production. That's the one I'd prefer if I'm fortunate enough to get one.