New maglight solitair LED

tam17

Enlightened
IMO, M@g threw away large amount of money by not getting new Soli finished before this year's Christmas shopping spree. If anyone remembers, it was supposed to hit the shelves just before Christmas 2011! :shakehead

Cheers

enomosiki

Flashlight Enthusiast
This thing is at least five years too late. But, still, seeing how Maglites still hold sizable reputation and shelf spaces, it could work. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if I start seeing it occupying the shelves by point of sales in large grocery stores.

Besides, it should be great light for general usage for most people. And, for $20, it's an attractive investment for people who just need a small, functioning flashlight.

bnemmie

Enlightened
Well, I will probably pick up one up whenever I find one for sale. Anyone know who is currently selling one? Or when they will be available?

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking forward to the LED Solitaire. It seems for years, everyone here on CPF has been asking when Maglite will release a Solitaire with an LED. Better late than never. I wonder when/if they will discontinue the incan version.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
It will sell like crazy,the brand name alone will shift it by the bucket load.Me and all here are anoraks of led lights,your average Joe Punter will buy it because it is a Maglite.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have yet to see one of these. Maglite does not seem to be marketing their new lights very well. I just saw my first Maglite AA pro a few weekends ago. I have yet to see any of the new D or C cell models. I am surprised considering they are sold almost everywhere!

brted

Enlightened
I think Maglite may be having a hard time getting its product in stores. Home Depot, Lowe's, and Walmart would all rather sell their own store brand products made in China which probably have higher markups than Maglite's products. It's all about shelf space and the stores are competing with Maglite by selling their own offerings.