NEW Maratac Copper (Cu) CR123 XM-L LED Flashlight Available

simba

Newly Enlightened
The wait for the rest of us outside US is over. Going to order one. AAA stainless steel is available now as well.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm hoping they will do a rev 2 with more threads and/or tighter thread engagement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Skelt11

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm back at it I guess. I ordered two and the AA copper to go with my AAA copper. They are just too good looking. And to think I almost made it two months without a flashlight purchase.

Any ideas for a clip? I really don't want to carry this loose it my pocket and get it scratched up badly with my keys.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some guys on the edc forums have made sheaths for them for pocket carry. I havent found any clips for them yet. Not sure if the copper would handle tapped threads over time for a clip...

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made a sheath too, but I also took a Fenix clip and ground it down to fit into the narrow grooves on the 123. it fits okay it seems, however since I didn't notch the 123 where the clip starts, so the clip sits flush it's not perfect.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't stand the beauty!
I bought the cr123 *for me" and 2 AA versions to give as gifts... Since they will appreciate not having to keep cr123's in stock... But I don't mind to get the extra output.

Works of art!

Are you guys using the rcr's for more lumens and rechargability and are happy..... or better to just run stock cr's and get the extra runtime?

Alan.. Sent with Tapatalk 2

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've kinda gotten tired of the short unpredictable runtime of the rc's.
My cr123 is do much brighter than any other I've had I don't care.

KarstGhost

Enlightened
The PWM on the lower two modes bugs me. It's the most obvious PWM of any light I have. My only other complaint with this light is the threads. There's only like 3 threads! To turn it off it's nearly unscrewed. Other than that I like it.

windstrings

Flashlight Enthusiast
My only other complaint with this light is the threads. There's only like 3 threads! To turn it off it's nearly unscrewed. Other than that I like it.

I wondered about that too?
Mine has never turned itself on or become unscrewed accidentally while I'm my pocket yet though.

Maybe the brass is softer so they needed thick threads? More threads could have still been added simply by adding to the total length a few mm....
At any rate, it hasn't been an issue yet....
But I've wondered about the waterproof qualities with the O ring visible... Haven't tested that either.

At any rate, while maybe not perfect, it's a killer price for what you get.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Funnily enough, many of my Ti lights that cost me ten times as much money don't draw the same admiring comments that this light does.

I guess it must have :cool: factor!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my "stock" one now, and a vinhnguyen54 Modded XP-G2 4000K, Single Mode, 700 Lumen, IMR 123 version now. It gets a bit toasty, but the hunk of copper moves the heat well...

I would love to see someone mod the tail end of this light and add a clicky to it!

894tom

Newly Enlightened
The PWM on the lower two modes bugs me. It's the most obvious PWM of any light I have. My only other complaint with this light is the threads. There's only like 3 threads! To turn it off it's nearly unscrewed. Other than that I like it.

I don't know if they changed the production up from this post....but I have in no way experienced this issue with my AAA. I don't know what bulb is in it...nor do I care. Bright as hell...a bit greenish?...with very nice hotspot to spill transistion. The clip makes it sit as my EDC perfectly.

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
For International orders you can purchase the light here , http://www.endtimesreport.com/survival_shop-flashllights.html#AAA , Miles is a great guy to deal with!

GJR

Man I wish I had known about this dealer 2 weeks ago! I ordered a standard HA III AAA from CountyComm a week ago and still haven't received my light. They charged $10 to ship it and nothing a whole week later. I even emailed their CS to inquire about my order and haven't received nothing from them. I'll never do business with CC again. **** poor service.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Zebralight SC52 & SC52w

threads are same as E-series body...

copper-shorty.jpg