**NEW** Nitecore EC25

shamanstar

Newly Enlightened
I just scored a sweet deal on one of these! Looking forward to getting it. I got it after reading it is comparable to the Fenix PD32- I have the Ultimate edition pd32 and it is my favorite light so I am hoping this one compares!

picrthis

Enlightened
Hmmmmm....not anymore! My first light in standby would blink 1+ full long second then off about 2, and while running the blue light would stay on. The new one I just received does NOT do that anymore. It blinks very quick less then 1/2 second, then off about 2 (in standby), then while running the blue light is now off. I like the new less obnoxious version better. I just received this 2nd light today from Illumination Supply so they have changed it. I'd imagine the parasitic loss has been cut in half or better as well.

Edit..Also I found a nice Olight 34MM flat cap diffuser that works well. I had to shim the diffuser cap slightly with black Gorilla tape to make more snug (cap not light) but after doing that and cutting the silly lanyard ring off with a razor knife it works awesome for $6.00.

http://www.batteryjunction.com/olight-m20-diffuser.html

Did you order the CW or NW from them, I too like the 2nd one you received better.....I'll probably get the NW......Thanks!

TurboBlaster

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I just received my EC25 Cool White and took it for a test drive.

I'm a novice and this is my first ever LED. Graduating from a Mini Maglite AA 14 lumen incandescent to the EC25 is absolutely stunning!

I bought this specifically as a bump in the night camp light. Whether its wild boar, big foot, or space aliens, I now feel fully prepared to light up the situation.

I'm also loving the Nitecore high tech styling.

TurboBlaster

GordoJones88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought this specifically as a bump in the night camp light. Whether its wild boar, big foot, or space aliens, I now feel fully prepared to light up the situation.

Space aliens as opposed to illegal aliens I suppose?
Beware, there are also extra-dimensional aliens who don't come from outer space.

picrthis

Enlightened
Hmmmmm....not anymore! My first light in standby would blink 1+ full long second then off about 2, and while running the blue light would stay on. The new one I just received does NOT do that anymore. It blinks very quick less then 1/2 second, then off about 2 (in standby), then while running the blue light is now off. I like the new less obnoxious version better. I just received this 2nd light today from Illumination Supply so they have changed it. I'd imagine the parasitic loss has been cut in half or better as well.

Illumination supply must not rotate their stock or something then. I just received (3/23/13) a EC25 (CW) and the blue led stays on with the light powered-up.

picrthis

Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I just received my EC25 Cool White and took it for a test drive.

I'm a novice and this is my first ever LED. Graduating from a Mini Maglite AA 14 lumen incandescent to the EC25 is absolutely stunning!

I'm also loving the Nitecore high tech styling.

TurboBlaster
Is your blue-led on or off when the light is powered-on? ( first four of the serial? ) supplier?
Thanks

Verndog

Enlightened
Illumination supply must not rotate their stock or something then. I just received (3/23/13) a EC25 (CW) and the blue led stays on with the light powered-up.

They may go through more NW then CW...not sure?? I thought above you said you ordered the NW? I'll need to check the new light again also. I thought I saw it blinking on a lower mode a few days ago. Don't think it was low voltage so now I'm not sure. Didn't think much of it until I visited this thread again.

picrthis

Enlightened
They may go through more NW then CW...not sure?? I thought above you said you ordered the NW? I'll need to check the new light again also. I thought I saw it blinking on a lower mode a few days ago. Don't think it was low voltage so now I'm not sure. Didn't think much of it until I visited this thread again.
I had a NW but sent it back for an exchange because it wouldn't change modes for me, it always flashed low battery even with a battery right off the charger that read 4.21v I got the CW on saturday, which so far works good but the blue led is always on with the light powered-on, unlike what the NW did.

I'm waiting for the exchanged NW to come and see what happens with that.

Last edited:

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
I have the EC25 Cool White, and the blue led is always off when the light is powered-on.

Last edited:

Verndog

Enlightened
I had a NW but sent it back for an exchange because it wouldn't change modes for me, it always flashed low battery even with a battery right off the charger that read 4.21v I got the CW on saturday, which so far works good but the blue led is always on with the light powered-on, unlike what the NW did.

I'm waiting for the exchanged NW to come and see what happens with that.

The low battery indicator issue is well known to do that while in Turbo mode. Was yours flashing low while in lower modes or only Turbo?

(Guess it really doesn't matter if it wouldn't change modes anyway...clearly defective)

Last edited:

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
I bet your serial number begins with 3010xxxxx[/QUOTE] 3010xxxxx

Last edited:

picrthis

Enlightened
The low battery indicator issue is well known to do that while in Turbo mode. Was yours flashing low while in lower modes or only Turbo?

(Guess it really doesn't matter if it wouldn't change modes anyway...clearly defective)
If I put CR123A's in it, once in awhile it would change modes, but in all modes including low it would flash; 18650's I could only get 1 mode...I did like how the blue-led was off when the light was on. I can see by the serial numbers now how this works 2122 is my CW one & the blue-led is on when the light is on. My NW had a serial of 3010 and the blue-led was off with the light on.

2122 = Dec 2012
3010 = Jan 2013

Last edited:

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
picrthis, so the later serial #'s the biue led button is off when the light is on, which seems like the way it should be. Mine is 30108xxxx like you bet it was.

Verndog

Enlightened
Yes, I think picrthis is onto when this changed. My light that doesn't display while running is also a 3010xxxx.

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
Verndog, I have the cool white and you have the neutral white,I think, so it is just by serial # and not led tint.

jerelect

Newly Enlightened
I wonder if they could put a Cree XM-L L2 in this light, or a xp-g2. Don't know which would throw better.