*New* Nitecore P10: Max. 800 lumens, strobe ready

rickypanecatyl

Enlightened
Just curious how many of you care about the "ONLY 86 gram" weight claim?

I've consistently found Nitecore below average when it comes to quality/longevity/durability.
My thought when I see that is that this is even cheaper/whimpyier than their other lights.

Would any of you choose a 86 gram light over a 110 gram light for the weigh savings if you knew you were giving up reliabillity?

kj2

Flashaholic
Just curious how many of you care about the "ONLY 86 gram" weight claim?

I've consistently found Nitecore below average when it comes to quality/longevity/durability.
My thought when I see that is that this is even cheaper/whimpyier than their other lights.

Would any of you choose a 86 gram light over a 110 gram light for the weigh savings if you knew you were giving up reliabillity?

It shouldn't have the weight of a brick ;) but I would prefer a 'heavier' light if that results in a more reliable light.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast

I feel like you're implying the P10 is unreliable since it's lighter weight than some lights.

tacticalprotection

Newly Enlightened
The P10 is basically the P12 with the tailcap of the P20.
The instant strobe is a true tactical feature. It is one of the things that I love about the Klarus.
I am so glad that Nitecore put these features together.

zingers

Newly Enlightened
Just curious how many of you care about the "ONLY 86 gram" weight claim? I've consistently found Nitecore below average when it comes to quality/longevity/durability. My thought when I see that is that this is even cheaper/whimpyier than their other lights. Would any of you choose a 86 gram light over a 110 gram light for the weigh savings if you knew you were giving up reliabillity?
I am asking here, not opening up a debate. I will do my own research and make my own decision. But which manufactures have better reliability than Nitecore in the same price range. I just did a 4 mile walk last night with three lights on my because I was searching for something. I wanted LIGHT because I know for a fact that there is a bear and two cubs within that 4 miles.

zingers

Newly Enlightened
Although they already have a law enforcement mode that does high and medium. Beyond that, LEOs have to do things like write tickets at night, look at driver's licenses, etc., where 45 lumens is inappropriately bright -- in fact, you'd think designing a LEO light would specifically lead to a low suitable for those incredibly common LEO purposes ... where the LEO might also want the ability to switch instantly to strobe. It's just odd design, I think, unusable by a beat cop who routinely uses a low to do his job.
My two cents on this. You live in California, have you ever known a LEO to use LESS if he could? I live in NY, our rules for engagement with LEO's are, don't move, don't talk, follow orders or risk getting shot. I know for a fact, yes a fact, that LEO's in CA wear out holsters because they approach traffic stops with their gun out. That says a lot about the mindset. So in my opinion, especially after reading the thread about tactical flashlight development for the Netherlands, and I did say opinion here, this is the perfect light for any LEO especially for the beat cop that doesn't have specialized training. I think that these are going to be in high demand and hard to get. And I mean no disrespect to you, you have been here for 14 years and me only a little while, but is there anyone here, and I am laughing as I write this, that doesn't have at least two lights within reach at this very moment? So this would be the perfect light for everyone here that does. Are we all afraid of the dark?

daninfamous

Newly Enlightened
I hope this is allowed, but anyone have any ideas for the best place to order one of these, I've been using the bay for most of my purchases.

Thanks

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
but is there anyone here, and I am laughing as I write this, that doesn't have at least two lights within reach at this very moment? So this would be the perfect light for everyone here that does. Are we all afraid of the dark?

Yes! And if the idea is, this stays in a holster as a specialized tactical light ,it might as well just have one mode. The advantage of the UI is that you can use it in everyday mode -- looking at a driver's license without blinding yourself, for example -- and then instantly switch to the higher mode with the light that's already in your hand, without having to drop the one in your hand and draw a specialized one.

Although, to your initial point, there is always the option of just using the corona rather than the spot

Last edited:

earthman

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know if a newer version of this is in the pipe line? Maybe they will add a lower output mode??

sarge1967

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know if a newer version of this is in the pipe line? Maybe they will add a lower output mode??
Howdy buddy! I hope folks can answer your questions here.
I will say in regards to a sub lumen mode. This light is not marketed towards that goal. It is a tactical light that gives you instant strobe function and a strike bezel for defensive purposes. it is basically a nonleathal weapon that doubles as a flashlight. It would replace such items as a Kubaton or a roll of quarters.

earthman

Newly Enlightened
Howdy buddy! I hope folks can answer your questions here.
I will say in regards to a sub lumen mode. This light is not marketed towards that goal. It is a tactical light that gives you instant strobe function and a strike bezel for defensive purposes. it is basically a nonleathal weapon that doubles as a flashlight. It would replace such items as a Kubaton or a roll of quarters.

Hello Sarge.

I know that this light is aimed At LEO's etc, but surely a lower mode would be useful to them to, for writing out tickets etc?

I'd also like to know If this torch will run for 4 and half hours on the 800 setting?

Latest posts