**NEW** Nitecore TM26

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
However, now that I ordered the TM26 am wondering if I need to buy a charger for the batteries because the batteries can be charged using the TM26. Any opinions on using the TM26 as a charger for batteries instead of buying the PILA charger? Thanks.

The advantage of a separate charger is that you can have one set of cells charging while using the light on the installed set. Secondly you can monitor the charge of each cell instead of the light just indicating total voltage.

I have both the Nitecore I4 and D4 chargers for lithium ion batteries. The D4 allows you to see the charge rate going into each battery and the voltage. As the battery nears full charge the D4 scales back the miliamps to 30-50 miliamps before terminating charging at 4.20 volts. The I4 just flashes a full charge bar.

Neilbenecke

Newly Enlightened
The answer just depends on what features you value. There are brighter lights, and lights with a different UI, and so forth. But I love my TM26. The combination of features it brings to the table is outstanding, and the OLED is worth every penny. I certainly don't regret buying it, and in fact I would gladly do it again, even after having owned dozens of other lights.

I have to agree with him that the quadray is superb truly brilliant, but I will agree to disagree in the short term, and agree with the dozens and dozens of the lets call them "the torch pundits" around this and other forums.Nitcore recently just short of admitted to the current confusion and misunderstandings with the OLED not taking into account it's shortcomings with the nbp52, especially in the regards to the bigger picture in principal with respect to explanation and disclosure (just as I thought) And as I thought, are actually going to add to the nbp52 sleeve a brief explanation to help enthusiasts understand while their most advanced technical engineers will work at finding an OLED technology that would assuage the millions of minds like myself, whether that works for some of the clever minds out there or not. It seems NITECORE Is the smartest ones of all regarding both their ideology and their torches, albeit that they are wayyyy overpriced.

Sent from my iPad using Candlepowerforum

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ran across this thread and I want to learn some more about this light and its competitors. It looks like I have some reading to do to catch up on the previous posts! Anyway, what lights would currently be the most similar to this light from other manufacturers? I am interested in a light that uses four, or more, 18650s and has the ability to recharge without removing batteries.

FLASHLIT

Newly Enlightened
The advantage of a separate charger is that you can have one set of cells charging while using the light on the installed set. Secondly you can monitor the charge of each cell instead of the light just indicating total voltage.

I have both the Nitecore I4 and D4 chargers for lithium ion batteries. The D4 allows you to see the charge rate going into each battery and the voltage. As the battery nears full charge the D4 scales back the miliamps to 30-50 miliamps before terminating charging at 4.20 volts. The I4 just flashes a full charge bar.

Thanks. (I replied 2 or 3 days ago but for some reason my post didn't show up.) Anyway, I ordered a Nitecore D4 charger. With the information it displays, it seems like it would be a better choice than the Pila. I remember reading somewhere that the batteries might last longer if they aren't left fully charged so I might keep my batteries a bit undercharged...would need to buy a multimeter then, and with the extra hassle of pulling them out before they are fully charged, I don't know if I'll bother trying to store them a bit undercharged.
The tm26 and thrunite tn35 arrived...now just waiting for the batteries, charger, and other flashlights to arrive...I think I have 4 more on the way...also can't seem to forget about the tm36...I'd like to add that one as well although I don't need it...actually I guess I don't need any of these flashlights...almost hoping for some kind of emergency to happen where a good flashlight will save the day...something along the lines of..."oh my gosh! what are we going to do now? The only thing that can possibly divert this disaster is if we had several really really good flashlights!...no, not those evereadys,..not enough lumens!"...that's when I'll step up with my armfull of lights.

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no record of any missing post. I'd guess you never hit reply after writing your post.

Norm
Actually this happened to me too. I sent a post after spending 15 mins writing and checking but it went missing. I believe there is a bug somewhere.

Norm

Retired Administrator
I always copy a long post prior to hitting reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

gofastman

Enlightened
Well that's interesting...
201404251045503746.jpg

Richwouldnt

Enlightened
BTW I have the first TM26 semi-clone on the way. Take a look at the UniqueFire UF-1401 on the FastTech web site. (Boy I wish we could post links on this group, one reason I prefer BLF)!

Four seperate LEDs and reflectors along with a LED readout of level and battery status though it does not appear to be nearly as sophisticated as the TM26 one but a good looking light for $66. Interesting looking light for the price which is why I could not resist.

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
If anyone else was "on the fence" about buying this light like myself, Battery Jct has these at 25% off through Friday. With my 5% reward credit card I paid $223, with 2nd day shipping Best price I've seen. Cmon Monday!

Last edited:

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened
I'm an official member of the TM26 club. After reading all the new owners say it was smaller than expected, it's still smaller then I expected ��

3800 Lm model with blue OLED. I thought they were all white now?......

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm an official member of the TM26 club. After reading all the new owners say it was smaller than expected, it's still smaller then I expected ��

3800 Lm model with blue OLED. I thought they were all white now?......

It is an awesome light. Welcome to the club!

As to the OLED, I'm not sure there is even a difference. I have yet to see anyone post a shot of the white OLED, and mine (XM-L2 version) was purchased after it was supposedly introduced. In any case, it makes no difference to the functionality of the light.

If anyone DOES have one with a white OLED, can you post a pic of it, or even just let us know?

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened

As to the OLED, I'm not sure there is even a difference. I have yet to see anyone post a shot of the white OLED, and mine (XM-L2 version) was purchased after it was supposedly introduced. In any case, it makes no difference to the functionality of the light.

If anyone DOES have one with a white OLED, can you post a pic of it, or even just let us know?

My husband has one with a blue OLED. I believe I read in thread that the blue replaced the white. I don't remember any reason given in thread as to why Nitecore changed OLED colors.

thedoc007

Flashlight Enthusiast
My husband has one with a blue OLED. I believe I read in thread that the blue replaced the white. I don't remember any reason given in thread as to why Nitecore changed OLED colors.

Definitely not. Blue was the standard color from the beginning. Supposedly some lights were shipped with a white OLED (at least some sellers claimed that) but I have yet to hear from anyone who got anything except blue. Even if there are white ones floating around, they were introduced later.

Jeffg330

Newly Enlightened

i saw a white OLED pic here the other day. I'll repost it if I can find it

Polargirl

Newly Enlightened
Definitely not. Blue was the standard color from the beginning. Supposedly some lights were shipped with a white OLED (at least some sellers claimed that) but I have yet to hear from anyone who got anything except blue. Even if there are white ones floating around, they were introduced later.

I thought I read different a few months ago but you are probably right.

Thank you for clearing up a likely mistake on my part.