NEW OLIGHT M20 WARRIOR

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys I'm wondering what did you expect? Every flashlight that works with 2xRCR123 and 1x18650 is direct driven with single li-ion...

shomie911

Enlightened
100% for 2-2:20h would be great.

OK, I did it. First M20 runtime graph. I stopped at 47%. Warrior is DD with single Li-Ion. One good thing - it has low battery warning. After 208 minutes it started to blink 2-3 times every 20 seconds.
index.php

3:20 minutes till 50% is alright.

Do you think it will run in regulation at 90 lumens? That's supposed to have 12 hours of battery life, I'd really like to see that runtime graph. (PLEASE!)

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually it's 3:32h to 50%.:D
It should run regulated on lower modes. I'm not sure about 12 hours, medium mode is as bright as high at the end of my test. I'd estimate up to 10hrs and less using 2xCR23A. I won't try, I almost passed last one. 215 minutes is toooo long for my patience.

PS. I used Trustfire 2500mAh 18650 cell. Runtime with AW's cell should be shorter because of less capacity (tested on CPF).

Last edited:

shomie911

Enlightened
Actually it's 3:32h to 50%.:D
It should run regulated on lower modes. I'm not sure about 12 hours, medium mode is as bright as high at the end of my test. I'd estimate up to 10hrs and less using 2xCR23A. I won't try, I almost passed last one. 215 minutes is toooo long for my patience.

PS. I used Trustfire 2500mAh 18650 cell. Runtime with AW's cell should be shorter because of less capacity (tested on CPF).

So my 2600mah Tenergy's should give me a few extra minutes.

10 hours is still pretty sweet for the amount of light it puts out.

My old Gladius was 80 lumens and it only ran from about an hour. That's a 10x increase in efficiency.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
You Tenergy's have about the same capacity as AW's (2-2,1Ah, Trustfires have about 2,4Ah)...

Gator762

Enlightened
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I was soooo close to ordering this light, in fact, I thought this would be my first Lithium/Li-ion light. I already ordered a Pila IBS charger. :ironic:

I planned on a 18650 light for the additional capacity. Now I'm not so sure. :(

100% for 2-2:20h would be great.

OK, I did it. First M20 runtime graph. I stopped at 47%. Warrior is DD with single Li-Ion. One good thing - it has low battery warning. After 208 minutes it started to blink 2-3 times every 20 seconds.
index.php

shomie911

Enlightened
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I was soooo close to ordering this light, in fact, I thought this would be my first Lithium/Li-ion light. I already ordered a Pila IBS charger. :ironic:

I planned on a 18650 light for the additional capacity. Now I'm not so sure. :(

I still love mine, you can't guage a light by stats on a chart.

Just get the M20, you will like it.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the M20's runtime chart. It was pretty much what I was expecting. Unless the light is set up to run on 18650's only, you are not going to get flat runtime with 1x3.7v cell.

I also love the pics of the lens.... I wish my Spear had the same thing.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For those of you who got the O.D. M20 instead of the black version, does your light have a matte finish?

I got a black one, and the light is just a bit slick in the hand.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
'woodrow' - it is possible.

It is matte in color but a bit slippy as well. I'd say it's like velvet:grin2:.

rantanplan

Newly Enlightened
I never understood why there was such a hype about this light ... besides both "preorder shows" there was no feature at all that made the M20 unique.

Why hasn´t anyone posted some info about runtimes at time? Fenix did that with the TK11 ... although their "graph" was a bit abstract ;). I as a dealer/manufacturer would have promoted a special feature like running flat on 18650s .. atleast here on CPF.

A example for true regulation with 18650s is the Jetbeam III Pro IBS, which btw. runs only on 18650s ... but here you can see the downside of this circuit type, because after 1:30h the light is dead. A direct drive design reduces output gradually, but runs atleast twice that time. The thing, that you can barely distinguish 225 from 175 lumen, is a different one. Everybody should think about what´s important for him: runtime/versatility or constant max. output ... you can´t get both (atm).

Gator762

Enlightened
Thanks for the M20's runtime chart. It was pretty much what I was expecting. Unless the light is set up to run on 18650's only, you are not going to get flat runtime with 1x3.7v cell.

I also love the pics of the lens.... I wish my Spear had the same thing.

Perhaps I was expecting too much... The P2D gives pretty flat output off of a single cell, with at least a boost circuit for the 1xAA support.

chaOs85

Newly Enlightened
I just recived a Jetbeam Jet-III Pro Ultra and it is a very nice flashlight, but should I have waited on the M20?

Any big pro or cons about the Jet-III?